“Great Chinese Food!”

Tsing Tsao South
Ranked #337 of 584 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 August 2016

This restaurant has been around for quite a while. Great Chinese food - typical menu for lunch and dinner. Service is very fast and the egg rolls are great! Love the Mongolian Beef and Sesame Chicken.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Soup, Crab Rangoon, Egg Roll, Rice, and Broccoli Chicken for $6.18!! Delicious! It was fresh food, served hot and quick. They have a great selection of food and also offer carry out. I will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 2 February 2016

This use to be a decent place to grab a quick, cheap lunch... I realize with inflation everyone is watching their P's and Q's... But we had lunch here last week. I had Kung Bao Beef. It tasted nothing like Kung Bao. In fact it didn't taste like anything at all and the veggies that typically come with Kung Bao were completely different and full of bell peppers. Our "Egg Drop" soup was chicken broth. The egg roll was luke warm and chewy. The crab rangoon was surprisingly fresh. It's usually the one that's sat there for some time. Three of us ordered all three different items and all three had the same feeling. Won't be back for a while regardless of the price.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

We ate here a number of years ago and never found it again. We are seldom in Des Moines, or it is very late at night. Night before a flight out, we spotted it and ate there. Still the great food they had before. I have several foods I cannot tolerate, and they were very helpful to make sure I was able to find something. Hooray!

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

I ordered the Hunan Beef. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the beef. It wasn't that rubbery, tasteless mystery meat. It's right near the airport, and in my experience, restaurants near airports tend to be a little better.
Another thing I noticed was that the menu didn't have a million things on it. At first glance it was quite lacking, but they favor quality over quantity.