“Good Food, Bad Location”
Review of China Place

China Place
Ranked #177 of 596 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I ordered takeout food and had never been there before. The food was good, especially the egg rolls and the crab rangoon. Hot and sour soup was delicious. Friendly staff, too. Parking was a huge issue, as I could only find street parking and it was a very busy area during the lunch time. So... worth the trip, just don't be in a rush because it's tough to find a place to park!

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

The food is very good here and they have reasonable prices. Nothing fancy. They also deliver and are conveniently located across from Quik Trip on university. Marcydiner tantrum scale of 5/5-no screaming kids.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

This is a really good cheap chinese, they have great rangoons and really good egg drop soup. Peanut oil is tasty that things are cooked in, so the fried items are extra good, they have good wings too. This is super cheap chinese food though, dont' expect anything fancy. They also have good delivery

Reviewed 31 August 2015

I love how close they are to Drake campus and that they deliver to the campus buildings! The drivers are polite and always get my orders right. When I carry out or dine in the people are very friendly, helpful, and fast to get my food! My friends and I love getting their food for study sessions, post- exam celebrations, or just when we are in the mood for Chinese food! They deliver late too which is awesome for a busy college student with a crazy schedule.

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

We have eaten at China Place for years. Lived in the Drake area and ate here frequently. Now we drive 15 minutes to get there and still manage to go 3-4 times a month. Best generals chicken around. Excellent egg rolls and crab rangoons. Give this place a shot, have never had a bad experience or meal in 12 years.