“Great place for a date”
Review of Wasabi Chi

Wasabi Chi
Ranked #52 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Description: Newly opened. Just reviewed today in The Des Moines Register Newspaper. Great value, service and sushi as well as various Asian dishes.
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after it was recommended to me for a date night place with my husband. We sat on the bar side and quite liked it. It was nice & quaint. The other side sits more people and seemed busier. (Walked through to use restroom). Food was really good. Quite a lot to choose from. Drinks were ok but not great but we ordered from unique list they had. I love finding good non-chain restaurants like this one.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

My sons and I visited Wasabi Chi the other night for dinner because they remembered liking a dinner there a year or so ago. We left disappointed. I enjoyed my miso soup, edamame and few pieces of sushi, however, the three meals we ordered and shared were uninspired and not very good. One son ordered a Chicken Shrimp Bahama in a pineapple, the other Thai Chicken with mango (ordered mild) and I ordered Seafood Coconut Hot pot. We ate only a bit of each, packed them up and brought them home, hoping perhaps that we would enjoy them as leftovers and I ended up throwing them out. If we visit again, we will stick to appetizers and sushi, I think.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Met two other people here for a business lunch. Waitress was attentive and helpful. Very good selection on menu, with gluten free items marked. The red curry chicken was very good - enough spice to cause appreciation for water. Would like to go back for sushi sometime.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

This place is a quaint lil place but is amazing when it comes to service, smiles, and amazingly good food with Supreme artists making your food. Our server Holly was amazing and helped us order foods we weren't accustomed to. It wasn't just a meal it was an experience. You can see for yourself with our pictures.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I had dinner at Wasabi Chi tonight. They got enough parking lots and a lot of staff to manage the peak hours without problem. The service is good, very fast. The tuna and the scrimp I had were very fresh. The Thai food they serve is not too spicy however a little too much adapted to the American taste - the red curry had some baked potato cubes in it....
Overall a good place to have some light and fresh food at Des Moines.