All reviews starbucks coffee des moines business trip marriott properties team dinner whole foods quiet hotel first glance free wifi stayed two nights comfortable stay plenty of places to eat first floor an upgrade breakfast service baker's square short drive
Reviewed 13 January 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip. My room was clean but not up to the latest interior design standards of some Marriott properties. The elevator is under maintenance until the end of January, so they were putting everyone in first floor rooms.

The woman working the Bistro early morning was very cheerful and remembered me and what I had ordered the previous day.

It's a typical Marriott property and a good place to stay near I-80 and I-35.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. We are happy that your stay with us was enjoyable. Thanks for baring with us while we complete the upgrades to our Elevator. I will share your feedback with my staff.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We will see you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I travel alot and staying in this property is like coming home. I agree that it is due for an upgrade in the rooms, but the lobby has been upgraded and a great place to meet with friends and colleagues. In the warm months the Courtyard makes you feel welcomed to enjoy a beautiful summer evening with plenty of seating - you would never know you were adjacent to the interstate. But what makes this property the most welcoming are the people. They seem to have little or no turnover, and the staff are super friendly. It is true, there is no free coffee, however they offer starbucks with the most friendly barista ever. She is the reason I return to this property. I would prefer to pay a couple bucks for a REALLY GOOD cup of coffee served by a person who really cares to start my day with a smile. I don't often eat here, but the menu options are much more appealing than the complimentary breakfasts at other properties. Thanks Courtyard in Clive for making me feel "home".

Room Tip: Stay in a room with access to the courtyard - especially in the warm months.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. We are happy that you choose our property as your home away from home when staying in the area. We are blessed with a great staff and it shows. I will share your feedback with them.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I don't understand why Courtyard has maintained this dated design format. Bathroom sinks need to be in the bathroom - one big room. The rest of the room was current in decor and clean. Overall experience was OK.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share some comments about your stay. We are happy that your stay with was enjoyable. I am sorry that you did not like the bathroom set up. We will be making modifications to our bathrooms during our next renovation. We will be removing bathtubs in the king rooms and adding stand alone showers. I will share your feedback with my staff.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Very nice and clean. Definitely worth the stay. There are only 2 small things that I can even remotely complain about: location - hard to walk anywhere based on the location (kind of tucked away in a pocket of other hotels and other business). The second is the location of the elevator - a pretty good hike off the lobby. Again, pretty nit picky stuff. our rate was very good (group) but I would suspect "normal" rates are going to be good. Good sized pool and gym also included. One suggestion (to avoid the elevator) is to stay on floors 1 or 2 and take the stairs...have a great stay!

Room Tip: Stay on floors 1 or 2.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share some comments about your stay. Thanks for the opportunity to host your group. We are so happy that your stay with the us was enjoyable. I will share your comments with my staff.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

My husband and I stayed yesterday. Brad checked us in, he gave us an upgrade room and even comped our breakfast. Wow, the breakfast was amazing!! Liz took our order and Jody cooked and served it to us promptly. We would highly recommend this place. All staff went above and beyond!! Top notch!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share some comments about your stay. We are so happy that your stay with the Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive was enjoyable. We are very blessed to have a great staff. I will share your comments with everyone.