“Best Crab Rangoon...EVER!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2015

Had heard a lot of great things about Cool Basil so Mom and I decided to drop in for Saturday lunch. They do not have a lunch menu that offers smaller portions on Saturday's, so be aware and prepare to take home left overs, as the portions are HUGE! We had the Kung Pao Chicken which was very good, but the crab rangoon appetizer was over the top fantastic! Our waitress was very friendly, helpful, and informative of the menu. Cool Basil offers sushi, Japanese and Chinese varieties. We will go back again!

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

My son chose this place for his birthday so off we went. We were seated immediately and our waiter was there taking our drink order just as quick. Not knowing much about basil, I played it safe and ordered general taos chicken level 1 on the spices. It was a reasonable time to wait for the food and it was a plate full! Very tasty and plenty leftover to to a box home It is a little upscale so the cost is a tad higher but well worth it...l'll be back

1  Thank x000n46n
Reviewed 11 November 2015

HAs the best Thai food in town! My family and I dine here once a week or more! Always get a fine dining experience for not a very expensive cost! I could love anything on the menu!

Reviewed 4 November 2015

Their birthday roll is one of the best rolls I have found in Des Moines. Also, I have always had great service and food every time I frequent this location. The chicken pad thai is excellent and their crab ragoons are amazing. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 30 October 2015

As the name states, basil, is one of the featured ingredients. All dishes are served hot and freshly cooked. The service is fast and the prices are great.