All reviews social hour des moines real plates happy hour clean rooms hot tub refrigerator and microwave would stay here again lobby area comfortable bed easy access veal dishes waffles great place to stay front desk clerk great room breakfast bar
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Good value in an area that is close to many attractions. Comfortable bed, good breakfast. Believe this hotel could use more insulation. Could hear noisy footsteps above our room & the shower running in the room next to us at 2 in the morning. Otherwise, it was everything we needed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thanks Mary, I am glad you had a great experience at my hotel. We try very hard to make a memorable experience with every guest. All the best in your travels and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

The room was great, we had no problems with it. Beds were good, WiFi was a little spotty, but not bad. Quiet, comfortable. Only problem we encountered was the front desk person. She was very harsh, not the friendly front desk person I would have liked to have. It is not what you say, but how you say it. I wanted to check in a little early down we could get ready for a wedding, she was not budging with me about getting an early check in. I understand they have rooms to clean, but I was just wanting to check in at 1 or 2 pm.. check in is normally at 3 pm.. as a Best Western it is our job to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability and I felt The front desk clerk was not providing the best smiling attitude we should all have.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Thank you Cindy for your review, It was our pleasure to host you and thank you for the good words about my hotel. I wish you all the best in your travels and thank for staying with Best Western.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Clean and quiet rooms, great breakfast, comfortable beds .. what more can you ask for. The staff is attentive to your needs, if you have any. The parking is plentiful and warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in is a nice bonus!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you Peter for the good words about my property. I am glad you liked your stay with us and thank you for the compliments to my staff and of course those cookies :) All the best in your travels and we hope to see you back.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Best Western Clive is easy to drive to and is a wonderful place to stay. From the time you check in till you check out you will find very friendly staff and a clean well maintained building. We found the room to be comfortable and quiet, the continental breakfast delicious, and the overall stay wonderful.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thanks and I am so glad your family reunion turned out great in my hotel. Thank you for the compliments about my staff, I will be thrilled to share those with them and we certainly hope to host you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I've stayed at 1 new and two remodeled Best Western hotels this year, all of them have been clean, comfortable and had friendly staff. I would recommend Best Western hotels to anyone who appreciates a fair price and a clean, well appointed hotel room.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you Sam, I am glad Best Western was able to make this great impression on your travels. BW has indeed changed a lot since the past, with multiple properties offering different levels of amenities. I hope you have a wonderful summer travel season and we hope to see you back soon.