All reviews social hour des moines real plates happy hour clean rooms hot tub would stay here again nice hotel comfortable bed lobby area easy access veal dishes a great place to stay front desk clerk waffles great room breakfast bar
Reviewed 26 December 2017

The hotel has been remodeled, well not really. What Best Western really did is replace the flooring and a couple of other things. The hotel is seriously dated. Don't believe me just look at all the door casings. I rented a room with a jacuzzi. The acoustics in the room were awful. New floor, but old jacuzzi with hair in it. Bed was ok for best western. Front desk service was good with free soft drinks and cheap pizza. I had King Kong above my room. I recommend getting a room on the top floor if you have to stay here. Apparently the other reviewers don't travel too much and I am not sure where all the good reviews are coming from. The building does look nice on the outside and the lobby is nice. I wasn't happy with my overall experience though.

Room tip: Stay at the Sheraton
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
kaczusia, Manager at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear James, I am sorry for your experience but it seems your inconvenience was mainly due to an inconsiderate guest in the room above you and our decorating choices. I am sorry for that but no matter how much a hotel iis build to resemble a bunker with thick walls and floors it will not isolate you from other people's lack of consideration. I wish you had given us a call at the front desk so we could have called King Kong and asked him to be considerate of your comfort and well being.
Furthermore I understand your frustration at being charged for not declaring your cat. At check in you sign in a guest registration that obligates you to declare your pets. It says no cats. You chose to ignore that and brought in your carrier with the cat in through the side door. Would you like to see the picture of yourself bringing in the carrier? We have it on security cameras in the hallways and we also found a lot of cat hair left in the room. I am sorry you got caught and charged but it seems to me that you display the same lack of consideration for other guests as the guest you complained about. I would be nice if you shared the whole story to this forum.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Our stay was exceptional. David is an amazing employee, he made check in a breeze. He is very knowledgeable about the area, giving recommendations on places to eat, places to visit and activities for the family. You could tell he loves his job. Housekeeping did a great job, paid alot of attention to detail. The hotel is clean and comfortable, very welcoming. The beds were very comfortable and the couch was great for my child to sleep on. You can tell the owner takes pride in his hotel. I would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you Sara for these wonderful words about my hotel but mostly about my staff. Yes, I am proud of them and would like to thank you for noticing their unceasing efforts to make your stay comfortable and memorable. All the best in your Holiday travels and Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I had a very nice stay here. Room was nice and clean. The staff was very pleasant and helpful in my interaction. They had a very nice happy hour with some good food choices and drinks that was just wrapping up when I checked in. The breakfast was also nice. Very nice hotel and value for the stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thanks Dustin, I am so glad you liked my hotel. We are always thrilled to interact with our great guests such as yourself and want to see you back. May your travels always be fun and adventurous.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We have stayed at the Best Western Plus in Clive several times while we were in Des Moines and it has always been a pleasant experience. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast buffet is excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thanks for the great words and have a great trip. May your travels always be enchanting and inspirational. Most of all have fun out there!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I have stayed at this facility many, many times over the years and have always been pleased with the accomodations and courtesy of the staff. Mostly business trips but on a few occasions I have made it a point to stay there on vactions as well. It's convienient access makes staying in the Clive / West DesMoines area simple and enjoyable. Look forward to many more future bookings when I'm in the vacinity.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thanks Steve, I am so glad you like my hotel and choose to stay with us during your business and pleasure trips. We are certainly thrilled and honored to host you every time. All the best in your travels and we look forward to your next arrival.