“Orange Chicken”
Review of Mandarin Grill

Mandarin Grill
Ranked #24 of 75 Restaurants in Clive
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Great long-time Des Moines area restaurant that moved to a new location a few months ago. Recently got an excellent review by the Des Moines Register's restaurant critic, who is really good. Just ate there tonight and I'd love to give them a good review.
Reviewed 25 June 2017

With friends. Had the orange chicken, which was very good. Ordered crab rangoons and pork pot stickers. The pot stickers were good. The rangoons were very fishy. I love rangoons, but these were not for me. Also had a glass of moscato. Very good.

1  Thank Sherry70_13

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I don't even have to look at the menu: honey walnut shrimp. This is soooooo good. The shrimp are large and flavorful, the sauce is incredible, and the walnuts are super!!! The veggies are perfect - not overdone. I usually ask for extra sauce so I can soak the rice in it. My wife got the cashew chicken and loved it as well. The service was very good. Highly recommend this place and the food.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

My daughter has traveled extensively in Asia and likes good Asian food. She likes the Mandarin Grill and so do we. The food is presented pleasantly and meets our expectations in spice levels and taste. Whether we order in or have a take out the food is ready and served hot. I enjoy their sushi and always look for something new. My husband loves their beef and vegetables and we all like the mixed or triple delight of veggies beef and sea food.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I have enjoyed this establishment at its original location and it's newer location for over thirty years. They have the best potstickers I have ever had, and Chef Kevin's hot braised wings are amazing !!!

1  Thank EH1966
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed lunch at the Mandarin. Booths and tables both available. Quiet, thus enabling conversation. Service was professional and personal. The menu item we ordered were very flavorful and fresh. Vegetables were crisp, and the spices just right. We would suggest using organic carrots, sliced by the chef, though, as opposed to the "baby carrots." We will return soon. Perfect lunch!

Been to Mandarin Grill? Share your experiences!