All reviews scrambled eggs north woods family suite des moines bagels hot tub rooms are large nice change hot oatmeal would stay here again room was clean indoor pool fresh fruit mini fridge morning breakfast king room restaurants within walking distance
Reviewed 8 November 2017

For the amenities, the price was reasonable. This place is still in reconstruction. They are working on the lobby when we went. They had a sign on the door to go around the other side. I am old and the walk did me good. It was a ways for an old man. The staff was incredible. I wanted a cup of hot chocolate due to the cold from the walk around the building and they turned on the machine so I could have one. The paper mache' moose in the lobby has seen better days. The rooms were nice. They have a lodge theme. Our room had canoe paddles but no canoe. The bathroom had an incredible shower that could easily fit a larger person. It handicap accessible with a built in seat. The bed was very comfortable.
The pool and Jacuzzi were pretty good size. At one time, I believe the pool had a waterfall. As is a common problem in hotel, the chlorine gas was quite noticeable. They also had some exercise machines.but it was close (enclosed) to the pool so I not sure how much chlorine gas you would be breathing. I believe the pool had a waterfall. Late at night they have adult swim time. Outside, there was a gas fire pit and in the lobby a gas fireplace. What made the breakfast stand out, they actually make the eggs in a pan so they are fresh. Do not forget the bikes available. Also, a lot of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Anne C, Brand Manager at Wildwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

garyaverill1 - Thank you for staying with us and for understanding that we are working diligently to get our renovation done with minimal guest impact. We hope you will join us again during your travels to see everything when we are finished.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We were going to stay at a cheap hotel next door, but decided to splurge on our last day of vacation, and we are so happy with our choice. As soon as we walked in the door. we were greeted with a smile and warmth at the front desk. The hotel lounge is large, comfy and inviting. Breakfast is served here in the mornings with a delicious, varied spread over many tables. The rooms are spacious, relaxing, clean. What a lovely lodge!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Swim, We are so happy you gave us a try at The Wildwood Lodge. We take pride in the fact we are not a "cookie-cutter" hotel rather we are comfortable being who we are - which is a relaxing hotel with very helpful, friendly staff. We invite you to stay with us any time you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

The room was clean and very comfortable. The hotel was wonderful. My husband and myself and family from out of state stayed here for my son's wedding. It has such a homey casual feel. The lounge was great. We sat by the fire and the all the relatives played cards, told old stories and had a very nice time reconnecting. The staff was excellent. Anyway they could make our stay more enjoyable they did. I wish there were more stars to give this plac.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear dcancook - We want to thank you for staying with us at The Wildwood Lodge in Clive. We are blown away with the review you gave us. It is our ultimate goal, that each guest has a great stay and it is what we strive for with each guest. Glad you had a great time and we hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

My wife and I came back to Iowa to see family and friends, I spoke to John on the phone, he offered us a suite upgrade. It included kitchenette, gas fireplace, extra TV, a sofa that made into a bed, another bathroom with shower. The rooms were spacious we came back every evening to a clean room. I would recommend the Wildwood Lodge to anyone. indoor pool, hot tub and a wonderful breakfast every morning. Thanks John and to all the staff you made our five days extra special.

Room Tip: Expect the unexpected
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Anne C, Brand Manager at Wildwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

JT -Thank you for spending 5 days with us, it was our pleasure to be able to upgrade you to a suite. We are happy you had a great stay and we look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I was unaware of the major remodeling project that was going on at this hotel when I booked it. It is very hard to give any kind of fair rating under those condition. It was a major mess. The room we had was dated and I can see why they are remodeling. Kudos to them for updating the hotel. The buffet breakfast was good, check in easy. One thing that concerned me was the exit door at the end of the hall would not shut and was always open. A bit of security issue to me. I am giving this place 3 stars because as I said its hard to rate a hotel undergoing remodeling. The location is good and its a good value as well. I plan on staying here the next time I go through Des Moines to see the outcome of the remodeling...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Anne C, brand manager at Wildwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dan - Thank you for understanding - we have tried to keep the impact of our renovation to a minimum. The lobby will be done in the next week. We hope you will stay with us again to enjoy our new updated look.