All reviews wild rose table games sports lounge smoking is allowed ceiling fan memory foam omelet bar selection of slot machines sweet rolls free breakfast bed was comfortable staff was very friendly and helpful clean rooms mississippi river waffles slots gambling
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

The king room was huge and well decorated. The walls are paper thin. We listened to the next room people talk and laugh. A breakfast was furnished. Delicious and well prepared. Staff was friendly and accomodating

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2017

When traveling to Clinton, do not overlook the Wild Rose Resort and Casino. The room rates are exceptional - 49.00 a night. In winter, I think they are 39.00. No membership to the casino required. Plus you get breakfast vouchers to the omelet buffet until 10:00 a.m. Check-out is at 11:00. There are smoking and non-smoking rooms available. We chose the non-smoking. The rooms are simply decorated, but spacious and very comfortable. The bed was comfortable, but I prefer heavier blankets. There were extra blankets and pillows in the closet. Our room had a desk, reading chair, TV and ceiling fan. The shower was notable! It is quiet, room temperature is adjustable, and quiet. Even though they have smoking rooms, I did not detect any smoke smell in hallway or room. The front desk has friendly personnel and accommodating. There is a lounge area with couch, TV, microwave if you have a group and just want to hang -out. There is a sports lounge and restaurant, casino and a buffet located in the facility. It really is a great deal. It is located on the west side of Clinton. They don't seem to be real busy, except when there is a concert. The rates go up on the weekend by $10.00, I think. And, of course, if you want to gamble, that is right down the hall. It is secure and safe. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with my experience.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Well, first of all, I will say that we have stayed overnight at this casino, and the hotel was OK. (I mean really...do people come to a casino hotel for the best sleep, bathroom, mattress, light fixtures, carpeting, etc.?) If the bed is reasonably comfy, and there are no screaming arguments or cockfights next door, I don't care much.

HOWEVER...I do care if the machines could be set better than most of the Iowa 78% dogs!!! Guess that is not EVER going to happen.

AND...here is my most baffling experience. The casino has a gift shop right next to the entrance to the casino floor. So, my husband bought a candy bar in the shop and then tried to walk into the low paying minimum machine casino floor. Can you BELIEVE that the pompous security guard said "hey, you can't bring that candy into the casino." ???WHAAAAA????? Is that insane or what?

OK, this was a few years ago, and hopefully the policy on eating an over priced candy bar in the casino after buying it in the store right on the property has been changed. Because of this cheezy policy and the stingy machines, we have never been back, and never will be back.

Good luck to the rest of you poor saps who have no choice in the area.

Room Tip: Go to a motel off the casino premises - you will save money! LOL
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Well secured building and all food was very tasty. Fun & different casino machines from the S.O.S. that Chicagoland has to offer. Love riding around the area - even down to Quad Cities. Nice antique and consignment stores for shopping.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room-KING-and it was quiet and very clean, Views are pretty simplistic, but that did not matter to us..
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Wild Rose Hotel at the Wild Rose Casino is very nice! As we first entered, we could smell a little cigarette smoke, but we were pleasantly surprised to find our smoke free room was smoke free with no smell. The friendly staff at the front desk were helpful and courteous. We enjoyed Clintons beautiful parks along the Mississippi River and ate dinner in town, although two dinner options were offered at the casino. We ate breakfast in the buffet area, and it was very nice. Our room was very bright and open. It was clean and came with a nice king size bed. The has a very comfortable memory foam mattress. All in all it is a clean good looking hotel!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
WildRoseClinton, Manager at Wild Rose Casino & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to have you back soon!