“You should definitely stop by”

Cancun Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 52 Restaurants in Clear Lake
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Stopped for dinner while on a road trip. It's a short, straight-line drive just west of I-35. DH had something vegetarian (sorry I can't remember what it was) and loved it. I asked just for a side of rice and quac. (Try to eat light when on a long road trip.) No one rolled their eyes and the side of rice basically filled a dinner plate. Service was gracious and fast. Yes, it could use some updating, but it's not necessary with the good food and great service.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I am gluten free by necessity, so we often look for Mexican places on the road. This is a good one. Three and 1/2 stars. The only negative is the place is a little dated and dirty. Not bad, but a new coat of paint would be great.
But the service is good, and the food very good. The usual suspects on the menu, but we recommend the chicken and tortilla soups. Chock full of chicken, many veggies, and chunks of avocado.
Prices are very fair. Recommended

Reviewed 18 April 2017

This Mexican restaurant has great food for a very cheap price. It is a big building with lots of tables and chairs inside. The staff is very fast. They seat you and drink chips with a tomato based dip. They take drink orders and immediately bring the drinks. Then the take your entree orders and within minutes they are back with hot food. I don't know how they can be so fast. I was there several times for both lunch and dinner in August through December, which is the off season for lake tourists. I know in the summer the place would be swamped with tourists so the service would be slower. I still think it is the best value for a restaurant of anywhere in Clear Lake. The alcohol drinks are so-so. I had a few and then I just started to just order soda with my meals.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

We were traveling N on 35 and stopped for a late lunch/early dinner. Service was fast and friendly........food was tasty and reasonably priced. Well fed and back on the road again in no time!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

This is a great place to have dinner as a couple, with friends or with the whole family. The service is fast and friendly. The food is delicious.