All reviews fun night favorite beverage small room tiki chris wedding lake shower iowa
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

This is an awesome place to eat. Great tenderloin and great grilled chicken. We will be back for many more meals. Price is right. Service is above and beyond. Amazing view to enjoy while you dine inside or outside.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2015 via mobile

Great food friendly staff reasonable prices, and the view is amazing. If you haven't already you should try the Tiki burger challenge if you eat the burger in under an hour you get a free t shirt and your picture up on the wall of fame. The Tiki Bar is phenomenal right on the beach . There's a place to dock your boat when you are out on the lake, and there is plenty of parking in the front. You can't beat the sunday brunch it is very delicious. The ballroom upstairs is amazing! The weddings are always beautiful!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2015

Thank you PM PARK! For such an amazing experience! We spent last summer there and we love it! We would like to thank owners Chris & Rhan for making us feel like in home! Food is delicious! Cant wait to go back with my baby boy!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank varekaiii
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My family stayed in a quaint yet adorable 2 bedroom apartment over the 4th of July. Thursday thru Sunday for appx $325 + tax. Great deal! Apartment was very clean and comfortable! Only downfall was the tiny bathroom. Restaurant at PM park served amazing breakfasts! The tiki bar area was cool- always busy and lots of fun- free bags games to play and right on the beach :) Loved our stay and thinking of going back next year- possibly a week-long stay in their 4 bedroom cottage.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 1 August 2013

To be honest, I came to this site and was a little worried by a couple of the bad reviews I read here. My best friend was getting married at PM Park on July 27th. I emailed my reservation to Chris, who runs the joint, since my buddy's fiance advised this was the location for the rehersal dinner, wedding, reception, and after party. 5 days and 4 nights, Cool. I changed my reservation around a couple of times because the descriptions of the rooms had me scared. I am a seasoned traveler but i had no idea what to expect. Once I arrived on the scene it all made sense.
Tiki Bar - Wow! I didnt even check in to my room yet and I saw the groom's brother in the courtyard near the Tiki Bar so we went and had a couple of Bloody Marys. They were delicious, made with Chaloula and served to us by Taylor, the smokin' hottest bartender I have seen in a long time. The Tiki Bar has hydraulic lifts which open the walls of the building up on 3 sides. There is a total Island feel to the place with the harbor, beach, and marina just a few feet away. The digital cable radio is constantly tuned to island party music and the decor is consistant with the theme. Good bathrooms, about 35 seats, and a decent selection of hooch. If you have a group of friends try a Shotski. It is a water ski with holes drilled in it for shot glasses. Takes a bit of teamwork but its fun!
Restaurant - This aspect of PM Park is as unique as all of the other parts. The full menu can be had at the previously mentioned Tiki Bar. Also there is a small "diner" type area complete with a coffee sippers row counter. This area has seating for maybe 25 people. This is also where the check ins and check outs happen. In this same building on the other end, there is a large hall which could best be described as a mess hall. There is seating for maybe 150 in this room. The upstairs is the Dance hall where the reception was held. It is very important to keep in mind that PM Park was constructed in the first quarter of the last century. Rustic, nostalgic, quaint, or throwback are some adjectives I would toss around about the structures.
Food? Did somebody say FOOD?!?! Well I'll tell you what the food here is amazing! Breakfast starts at 7am. Good coffee, and great Ma&Pa Diner type breakfast. Im gonna recommend the Everything Everything Hashbrowns, with 3 eggs and sausage as a good place to start. The Biscuits and Gravy are the Shiz as well. Everything tastes and appears to be made from scratch. Outside of the dinner for the bachelor party for which we left town, I never ate anywhere else for the rest of the week. Every single meal was outstanding. I had a large Meat Lover's pizza and the crust was just thin and crackery and perfect. In addition to the normal meats on this pie, there was also garlic chicken! Delicious! I also had the Black and Blue Burger with bacon and fries, another hit. All of the food is served to you by a rotating cast of young hotties, Holly, Stephanie, Becca, and more!
I'm saving the best for last of course, and that is the Fried Pork Tenderloin. I've lived in Iowa my whole life and Fried Loins are a staple, so to say I've eaten a few would be an understatement. This is literally the greatest piece of fried swine flesh I have ever had the pleasure of putting a lip lock on. Tender, succulent, and juicey this thing comes out to you golden brown and batter fried. Oh I forgot to mention the thing is the size of your flippin head! Wow, ask for an extra bun and break it in half if you have to share. Just Huge! I am not joking when I say I threw at least 5 of these down my gullet over the course of the week. You have the option of getting Fried White Cheese Curds as your side, do it! On a side note, if you are a competetive eater, they have a 2 Pound Burger Challenge, complete with wall of fame photos and t-shirts, provided you can consume what is basically six, one-third pound burgers, buns, cheese, and toppings, in under one hour. The record stands at 11 minutes and 18 seconds.
Hotel/Rooms - Well here is what all the beef seems to be about in terms of the negative reviews. Like I said before I was a little scared after reading some of those reviews and I changed my room reservations around. There are 50$ a night rooms, and $100 a night rooms. There are ten $50 a night rooms on the upper level of the hotel structure, and three $100 a night rooms on the ground floor. First night I stayed in the $50 room. I got Room #1. Yes it was small, and didn't have a TV, and the bathroom was kind of open in the middle of the room. If you're an uptight D-bag who wants to spend all your time in the hotel room watching TV, then this is not the place for you. Room #1 was this; charming and clean with a powerful air conditioner. My room door was right next to the exit to the balcony, so it was easy to step out for glorious sunsets and to check to see if there were hotties at the Tiki Bar, which there were, often. So the crapper and the shower are a little close together, but I mean in the grand scheme of things the actual room seemed like a mere after thought. It was adequate for passing out/napping, showering, and going to the can. The top floor of hotel rooms, reminds me of a dorm or bunk house. This totally worked out to our advantage because the wedding party had the entire building reserved and we partied til Fo' in tha Monin' everyones room was open and people were just moving freely about. Due to the negative reviews I switched to the $100 room for the rest of the week, the only reason I had the $50 room the first night, is because all of the $100 rooms were booked. After the first night I wanted my cute little room #1 for the rest of the week, but as luck would have it, I had to move to the $100 room. My $100 room was more in line with what you would expect from a chain type hotel. This room # was "SOUTH" It was decorated in blueish pastel colors and nautical themed items. The bed was huge and comfy with tons of pillows.There was a TV, closet, air conditioner and other furniture. The bathroom was seperate and the shower was even big enough for me and my girl to have a little party in. Again if you're uptight and wanna hang out in your hotel room all day this is not the place for you. You will come here and it will not live up to your expectations and you will write a bad review. But if you come here with no expectations and just take it all in, it will make sense and you might end up having one of the best weekends of your life. In a life time of partying and traveling this was easily in the top 10 best weekends I have ever had. Pleanty of things to do around the lake, paddle wheeler cruises, boat rentals, Surf Ballroom, bike paths and cruises around the lake. It was so much fun that once the majority of the wedding party departed, I decided to stay an extra day and as luck would have it, good ole Room #1 was open.
This was a great overall experience. Any rating points I would deduct for the spartan accomodations would easily be replaced by the charm points. I am already planning a return visit next season. Dont let those bad reviews fool ya, This place is a treasure.

Room Tip: South Room on the ground floor and Room #1 upstairs
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends