All reviews stayed here standard breakfast easy chair perfect location hotel location first floor decent stay high school a couple days staff was friendly restaurants in the area bottled water shower head iowa city recommend this hotel business trip free breakfast
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Last year, we had a few difficulties as a hotel guest flooded the building when they tried to get ice out of the machine, broke the ice machine and the water spilled from the top floor to the bottom floor. Another time, our room was broken into. Management did not comp our stay or honor their promises. This fall, the management and team did a better job serving our needs and the other patrons. They are getting better.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gehlenparents
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Cant watch Netflix after work. If this is a priority in choosing your hotel fellow business travelers, pass this one by. I tend to stay at big name brand hotels for the WiFi, and I’d say 70% of the time Holiday Inn is decent, but not this one.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Hello Josh M,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that, I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced regarding the poor WiFi connection at the hotel. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I’d like to contact you privately so we have sent you a private message.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This hotel's location along I-380 is probably it's best selling point. It is quick to hop on the freeway and be anywhere in the Iowa City-Cedar Rapids area quickly. Our stay was very pleasant. The beds and room were comfortable, clean, and taken care of. I would stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Kris D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for staying!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Quiet comfortable room. I have no complaints. Friendly staff and hospitable. If you need to be on the South side of Cedar Rapids, I recommend this hotel.
The Perkins restaurant near the hotel was too busy to even make eye contact with us so we left without being seated. Avoid at all cost. lol

Room Tip: Nice hot tub if they are available.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Kris D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for staying!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I arrived at the hotel late...around 11pm.
The staff at the lobby was polite but as soon as I entered into my room and I found a big water ceiling leakage in the bathroom...
The funny thing is that when I told about it at the lobby, they were aware about the problem but they sold the room anyway.
One person came into my rooom to dry out the water with toowels and I had litereally to help her....but on the end they didn't change my room.
Awfull!
Avoid this place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Marco_Coppa1976
Kris D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express CEDAR RAPIDS-I-380 @ 33RD AVE.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 3193995025 or hieguestservicemanager@gmail.com.

Kris Davey