“Good food, nice bar!”
Review of The Red Frog - CLOSED

The Red Frog
Price range: US$10 - US$12
Description: Came back after the flood of 08 better than ever, warm and inviting atmosphere. Quality food and drink, daily specials, Home made Czech specialties, pizza, Delicious burgers Lasagna is a must try. Your a stranger once at Red Frog
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I've never been disappointed in the food. Nice atmosphere. Great specials throughout the week. Interesting area.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

Stopped by the Frog today for lunch with a friend. Waitress was very friendly and helpful. One of my favorite items from the menu had been discontinued so instead I took her suggestion and had a gyro sandwich. They hit it out of the park. Fantastic! Thanks for the great sandwich and the wonderful courteous help!

Reviewed 6 April 2016

So many great places to go in Czech Village. Avoid The Red Frog!!! Staff is very rude, service very poor, food very poor. Head over to Little Bohemia, Parlor City or Village Meat Market, and you will not be disappointed! Worst experience I have had in the Cedar Rapids area was at The Red Frog. Not the same as Al's Red Frog! Will never go back and will tell my foodie friends to avoid this joint.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

We stopped in for lunch on our way out of town. Everything on the menu looked good. We started with the Cheddar Nuggets and Bloody Marys. Both were pretty boring. I ordered the Red Frog Burger (BBQ, bacon and cheddar) and he had a cheeseburger with pepper jack cheese. The burgers were not seasoned with anything- just a giant patty of hamburger. Fries were boring as well. It was all "filler" food- enough to fill you up but doesn't do anything to dazzle the taste buds. It's safe to say that we probably won't return.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 23 December 2015

The librarian at the Czech and Slovak National Museum recommended this place for lunch for us. He told us to try to the Czech goulash. I've had the Hungarian version and didn't like it very much, but decided to give this a try. It was amazing. Served with Czech style dumplings, which are different than what I'm used to, but delicious. Wow. My husband had a fabulous burger. Even though it was crowded, the server was very attentive. We had a great conversation with her. Love it!

Date of visit: December 2015