“Average”
Review of The Red Frog - CLOSED

The Red Frog
Price range: US$10 - US$12
Description: Came back after the flood of 08 better than ever, warm and inviting atmosphere. Quality food and drink, daily specials, Home made Czech specialties, pizza, Delicious burgers Lasagna is a must try. Your a stranger once at Red Frog
Reviewed 10 January 2016

We stopped in for lunch on our way out of town. Everything on the menu looked good. We started with the Cheddar Nuggets and Bloody Marys. Both were pretty boring. I ordered the Red Frog Burger (BBQ, bacon and cheddar) and he had a cheeseburger with pepper jack cheese. The burgers were not seasoned with anything- just a giant patty of hamburger. Fries were boring as well. It was all "filler" food- enough to fill you up but doesn't do anything to dazzle the taste buds. It's safe to say that we probably won't return.

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 23 December 2015

The librarian at the Czech and Slovak National Museum recommended this place for lunch for us. He told us to try to the Czech goulash. I've had the Hungarian version and didn't like it very much, but decided to give this a try. It was amazing. Served with Czech style dumplings, which are different than what I'm used to, but delicious. Wow. My husband had a fabulous burger. Even though it was crowded, the server was very attentive. We had a great conversation with her. Love it!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Absolutely amazing menu and fully-stocked bar. It's fast, fun, friendly, froggy and delicious! Everything on the menu (and I've tried EVERYthing!) is exceptional. Friendliest staff in all of The Village.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 31 October 2014

This has been a special destination for lunch since I started working downtown in the 80's. I usually get there around 11:30 to get seated before the lunch rush. Park in back, its easier. Try The Favorite, make sure you have it warm. There is no other sandwich like it in the world. Wash it down with a cold Bud and you have bliss. Staff has always been friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: October 2014
2  Thank MrSmokeyMountainMan
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I were visiting Cedar Rapids because I had work appointments there.

My brother-in-law is Czech and when I told him there was a Czech Village here he said I should find some goulash. We found some in The Red Frog but it was served at room temperature and was a little expensive for some gravy over bread.

The bartender was nice and he recommended a great beer.

Stop in for a cold beer but make sure you ask for HOT food if you eat here.

Date of visit: May 2014