All reviews room was clean great place to stay nice hotel staff was friendly comfortable stay breakfast staff complimentary breakfast decent breakfast hot tub oatmeal business trip road trip iowa city stayed one night close to the airport fresh fruit parking lot
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Hampton Inns are normally consistent, so I was disappointed to find stubble from the previous guest in the bathroom sink. Since I checked in at around 8pm and was leaving at 4am, I just let it go. Other than that, the room was comfortable and clean as what I've come to expect. A reservations agent also erroneously told me that there was a shuttle to and from the airport, and this is not the case, but Uber and Lyft do run or I would have been stranded. I did contact customer service to register my experience, and they responded quickly. Disappointed, but I will continue to choose them when I need a hotel. Not there long enough to give any helpful information about location etc., but it was about a 10-minute drive to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton I, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We would like to discuss your experience further, if you would contact the hotel direct to speak with a manager.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was just ok. Room 217 is where we stayed...2 adults and one kid. The shower curtain had mold on the bottom and the window had cobwebs...however it only looked out to the roof so not really a view of anything either. Breakfast was your typical continental breakfast and the staff was friendly. Our first night, three of us adults got stuck in the elevator for 10 minutes. I called the front desk to let him know and within 4min, we were able to get out. Later that evening when walking by the front desk I had stopped to tell the worker a simple thanks for getting us out and he said “yah, make sure there’s not a lot of kids pressing buttons...”. I simply told him it was three grown adults in the elevator, it wasn’t anything we did.
If I had to stay in Cedar Rapids again, I’d choose a better hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear LostLucy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments and are very sorry for the condition of your room. We will address your comments with our team as we work to improve our guest experience. As well, we are terribly sorry for the elevator situation that occurred but are glad our team quickly fixed the issue. We do regret the response received from our front desk upon checking out and addressed this accordingly. Your feedback is genuinely helpful, as it is the first step in identifying areas where we can better our guest services. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids, Good stay and great price. You will have a great nights sleep on a comfy bed, and at a very good price. clean room, great clean shower and bathrooms. every room is close to the parking lot..

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton Inn on our way back from visiting relatives in Minnesota. After a long day of driving, we appreciated the excellent quality for our room. Our room on the third floor had a king-sized bed, which provided us with excellent night's sleep. We appreciated the variety of choices for breakfast which allowed us to eat and continue our trip to the St. Louis area. This was the third time that my wife and I have stayed at this Hampton Inn and would recommend to others

Room Tip: We prefer the third floor
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I've stayed at this location several times now and it has never disappointed. If there was an issue the friendly staff were quick to resolve. It's quiet and well maintained. Always my 1st choice when staying in Cedar Rapids.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business