All reviews out of state friday night beds were comfortable pool area is family reunion morning breakfast grain roxy college tile funeral
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Woke to a bed bug crawling on one of my friends. We managed to kill it, and upon flipping the pillows over, found another small bug crawling out of the bed. Was the room even cleaned? When asked about how to deal with this situation, the person at the front desk had a terrible tone and said we could either leave or go to another room. When we called to complain the next week, we could not reach anybody, yet hotwire was instantly able to reach them? Sounds like they were avoiding our complaint.

Room tip: Don't go here
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
neil s, Manager at Clarion Inn University Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Clarion Inn University Plaza.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the room situation with our staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. We take these comments very seriously and will be addressed.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Very outdated, not clean, no trash cans. We stayed for a soccer tournament nearby from Saturday to Sunday. There must have been a huge party Friday night that was never cleaned up; beer bottles, pizza boxes, discarded bras, etc which were still present on Sunday.
Staff were not attentive; we called for sheets and blankets for the hide-a-bed and were told to come to front desk, at front desk we were told that they would be delivered within 15 minutes, after the specified time period we went back to front desk only to be told that they would bring the sheets to us. Really terrible customer service.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
neil s, Manager at Clarion Inn University Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the situation with our staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I recently stayed. The bar and front area have been updated. The room I was in while it has probably not been redone in 5 years was clean, nice flat screen, nothing broken. So I do not understand the woman with the title semi gross. Must be use to staying at the Hilton. So stay at the Hilton and pay the Hilton price. When I arrived with a friend it was about 3pm. There were a few people at the bar so we thought we could grab a quick beer. The bar was not yet open however the gentlemen behind the bar said that he had no register or drawer and comped us a couple of beers. I like this hotel, I have stayed here several times over the years. Would recommend to anyone other than someone thinking they are going to get a Hilton room t the price of this hotel. Again, great value.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
neil s, Manager at Clarion Inn University Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is an older hotel in C.F., and (perhaps because I did not have a reservation and was traveling alone), I had a room way back in the back corner. The room was not simply outdated but outright shabby - chipped bathroom mirror, splintered bathroom door, squeaky bed, and both bathroom lights buzzed audibly when they were on. Out of five lamps in the room, two worked. Immediately after this discovery, I found a spider crawling on the bed. If I had not already unpacked, I would have asked for a different room. I was in town for a funeral so the room fit the mood of the visit.

The breakfast was OK.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
neil s, Manager at Clarion Inn University Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the room condition with our staff.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Most of the time when you are looking for a place in this budget range you get very mixed results, but this hotel was an exceptional value! The staff was very friendly at check-in. The rooms seemed to have been recently updated. The bed was very comfortable. There was a very pleasant tropical fruit smell when I walked in the room. Plenty of room to get some work done at the desk and watch TV from the couch.

I grabbed a beer and a chicken gyro from "Against the Grain", the bar and restaurant inside the hotel. The gyro and fries were great and the bartender was very pleasant.

The next time I pass through the area I will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
neil s, General Manager at Clarion Inn University Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017