“Worst bed I've EVER slept in. ”

Super 8 Cedar Falls
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Nice enough hotel from the outside. Lobby area and hallways were clean. There was plenty of room at the inn. Trust me when I tell you that Jesus had it better in a manger. Unbelievably the worst sleeping situation. This is a college town and I'd challenge anyone to find a more terrible mattress on campus. Super 8, you should be ashamed. Invest a few guests stays profits and figure out the sleeping arrangements.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Kelly B, General Manager at Super 8 Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to sleep comfortably here, as we value our guest's good night sleep. We appreciate your heads up, and will be looking into what we can do to make changes accordingly.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017

The hotel guests staying in the room in the 2nd floor room above ours were VERY loud. They were very loud between 9-10pm then they left. But when they came back at 2:00am the noises started again. It sounded like they were running back and forth across the room, dropping everything they picked up from suitcases to shoes! That lasted until 3:00am. It was very difficult to get a good nights sleep especially with an 8 year old. I was just about to say something to the front desk, but the guests FINALLY went to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I am happy to hear you had a great stay, but I am very sorry you were not able to comfortably fall asleep! We have been taking extra precautions to settle down noisy guests for the future, so we do hope that you try us again when traveling through the area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

It was a clean and comfortable room. I was not bothered by noise at all, the pool was in good shape, and the breakfast was delicious and well stocked!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your excellent review! We are happy you were able to have a pleasant stay with us, and hope you choose us again when traveling through the area. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I don't expect to pay over $80/night and have to make my own bed (obviously dirty sheets), have a mini-fridge on the fritz, a chair with one arm broken off, find trash in the ice bucket and bugs in the bathroom! If that weren't bad enough, the guy at the front desk, who likes to talk to his computer rather than a guest, throws my credit card in my general direction and points to a form that I obviously can't see or reach to sign. When I asked for a clipboard or something so I could see and sign it, you'd have thought I asked him for a million dollars. The area where they're *supposed* to serve wheelchair users is full of junk and they made *no* move towards it but finally handed me a notebook along with the form to sign (the young lady did this and was helpful otherwise). They tout a good Trip Advisor rating, but I can't see that they deserve it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo