US$150
  • Restaurant
Prestige Inn(West Lafayette)
US$65
US$104
Union Club Hotel(West Lafayette)
US$119
US$62
US$200
US$144
Home2.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a concert at Purdue University. The check in guy was very helpful, suggesting places to eat and things to do, directions etc. The check out lady was also very amenable. The room itself, whilst basic, had everything we needed and was clean and well maintained. The hotel is in a very good location, with many bars and restaurants within a short walk. In fact our room backed onto a very busy and excellent Irish bar and we couldn't hear it at all from the room. We didn't have any issues at all with our stay and will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freckles1299
Reviewed 9 October 2016

I had a recent conference at Purdue University and registered late...missing out on the conference hotel rate. The Campus Inn looked to be an inexpensive alternative, very close to campus.
It isn't a "bad" place...it isn't "fancy" and offers very little amenities, but I found it comfortable and clean enough. I stayed 3 nights.
I took the shuttle - Star of America - from the Indianapolis airport for a drop-off at the Memorial Union at Purdue. From there it was about a 10-minute walk, downhill, to the Campus Inn...right off E State Street. It was a fairly easy walk with a small roller bag and a shoulder bag.
Given the cost, the ease of getting to campus on foot, and the close restaurants and shops nearby, I would have given this place an 'excellent' rating. However, there was no ironing board/iron in the room. I had to get both from the main office (desktop ironing board). Easy enough to get, - and all of the staff were nice enough in accommodating me - though as a business traveler, a room without an ironing board and iron is a no-no.
I was very much surprised by the amenities around the motel...all within walking distance:
- a movie theater
- a Starbucks
- many restaurants (Italian, Asian, traditional fast food, etc.)
- and of course the Purdue campus.
One evening there was an event at the football stadium. I ended up walking back from the stadium to the motel - about 20 minutes. Easy!
The room was small, the shower was small - no bathtub (though, I'm not much of a bathtub gent), but it wasn't uncomfortable and again, given the price, I was impressed.
It wasn't my first choice for West Lafayette, but it was a great and very inexpensive alternative to other hotels.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank biztraveler1972
Reviewed 12 September 2016

The best thing about this motel is the location - its walkable to all of Purdue and to Lafayette across the river. I think location is the only reason this is still in operation - rooms were still available a few days before we headed down and it was a football weekend. The room was clean and basic. The mattress was old and hasn't been changed out in a long time - I think I could feel every spring. No mattress pad but a thin flannel pad laid across the top of the mattress. The room was surprisingly quiet even though we knew people were partying a few doors down; we didn't hear a thing. The room included a hair dryer in the bathroom, and a coffee maker, which were pleasant surprises. Ask for additional pillows - there were just two on the bed and they were pretty thin. There is a pool but it wasn't filled and didn't look like its been used in a long time. Keep your expectations low and keep the location in mind.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JulieO167
Reviewed 13 August 2016

There were two things very favorable about my stay at this property. The young man at the front desk at check-in was very pleasant and eager to assist. I asked for directions to certain areas and he was spot on with his directions. The other favorable item is the property is close to the Purdue Campus. After those two things my experience dropped off dramatically. I was scheduled to stay for 10 days but after 5 days I could not take it any longer. I worked 11 hour days and when I returned to the property the bed was not comfortable too soft for me and the shower was so small if you are over 6 foot tall the showerhead is at your chest. There was no microwave in the room and the only TV station other than local programming was CNN, food channel, weather and USA. I don't watch a lot of TV but I most certainly do not want to watch CNN or weather channel while I am not able to sleep. When I checked out which was before my scheduled leave I was charged a day for the early cancellation. I understand business and the charge but the manager (not the front desk person) was very curt and he did not even asked why the early check out, as if he cared.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Vincent W
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I thought the Campus Inn was disgusting! Unclean. Stained towels. Still had someone hair from shaving in the sink. Ants also crawling across the bathroom sink. Felt very unsafe! Highly do not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family