“Smoke-filled room with damp floor.”

Super 8 Terre Haute
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The staff was very nice and friendly, but the hotel was quite dated. When I arrived, they didn't have any non-smoking rooms available, so I agreed to take a smoking room. Big Mistake. This ground-floor room was filled with smoke fumes, and the floor was quite damp - probably had mold as well. It was so bad that I left the window open all night even though it was on the ground floor. I still couldn't sleep much, so I ended up checking out and resuming my road trip at 4:30 in the morning. I should have declined the smoking room and resumed my drive until I could find another hotel with a vacancy.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your stay with us. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I have met with our Head Housekeeper about the treatment of our smoking rooms and what we can do to make these rooms as fresh as possible. As we don’t know what room you stayed in, nor whether the damp floor mentioned is in the bath or bedroom, I’ve asked maintenance to check all ground floor rooms for dampness to make sure we don’t have any leaks from either a water source or an air conditioner that may not be draining properly.

Reviewed 14 October 2009

Stayed here on July 22 on our way to West Memphis, Arkansas. The room looked like an hourly rate motel and the air conditioning rattled all night. I would never stay here again.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2009

We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 7 October 2008

I had to stay here as a member of a volunteer organization. I would not stay here if I had to pay for it. If, however, you are looking simply for a place to stay for a reasonable cheap price, this might appeal to you.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 April 2008

This is an older run down property. The room was just not as clean as you would expect from a Super 8 motel.

Staff was not very friendly, they force everyone to buy unwanted and unneeded room safe insurance, and this slows down checking in and jams the checkout line in the morning. They feel that ripping off and wasting their gusts time is good for business. Any hotel that intentionally forces you to purchase unwanted and unneeded extra garbage does not deserve your business.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else; there are many cheaper newer nicer properties in the area, that are not out to pad your bill with charges for crap you don’t want.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 26 October 2006

We stopped here traveling-- needed a place at the end of a long day and Super 8's are typically decent. This just barely passed in cleanliness considering the hour and degree of tiredness. Definitely wore our flip flops in the shower-- There are worse, but this is really not the best choice if you can avoid it. CAme thru the area on the way home from our vacation and decided to give it another try since again-- it was very late at night. Decided to pass and keep driving since the first rate we paid was $57 (including tax) and 2 weeks later-- the rate for the same room was $90 PLUS tax! There was a "covered bridge" event going on so they felt justified in nearly doubling thier rate. So, all in all, not a good experience.

Stayed: October 2006