All reviews holiday world santa claus king suite clean rooms free breakfast ohio river
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We never even made it to check in because they had our reservation so messed up and was told we would be charged for cancellation. FOR THEIR MISTAKE. And the girl we spoke with was very rude and didnt really know what she was talking about. Never again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

I want to apologize for the issues that occured during your time of making the reservations. Please contact the hotel so that I can get more information on this and I can offer you some relief for the issue.

Cindy R Gadson

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We recently went to Holiday World and were looking for a hotel that was close. There is very little in the immediate vicinity to Santa Claus. This fit the bill. It was about a twenty minute drive and a portion of the drive was on the banks of the Ohio River. Staying in Tell City offers a couple advantages to staying in Santa Claus. There are multiple fast food places and a CVS pharmacy. The stay was very nice and you can eat before you go to the park.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

In all my stays in hotels across the states this has got to be the worst staffed hotel ever... The staff did not care about any issues and was caught in lies... The desk staff should be fired and new ones who care be hires For a better stay travel across the bridge and travel toward Owensboro...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Hello corockies2017,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Tell City, IN. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Good hotel, clean, updated and great breakfast that was kept well stocked throughout both busy mornings. They only have 2 cribs and both were taken which wasn't surprising because it seemed that everyone we met was a family headed to holiday world. This would have been no big deal had I not called the prior day and they told me they had 3 and they hardly ever run out. I would have just brought a pack and play. Of course, when I checked in they acted like "I don't know who you talked to" however the woman I spoke with in advance sounded very knowledgeable. As a result, my 19 month old spent both nights running around the room like a crazy person :). They were able to bring a cot and were very apologetic. In the future, they just need to be honest when people call in advance because they are probably calling for a reason. And get more cribs for a family hotel. No other complaints and we had a very nice stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights this past summer. The room and bathroom were very clean and looked very cozy. The only thing was the tv only had two working channels, the fridge didn't work, and house keeping was at our door at 7am everyday. And they basically beat on the door. But the pool was nice and the whole hotel was very clean.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tell City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear Elijah C,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Tell City, IN. I am grateful that you spent time at our property with your girlfriend.

I am pleased that you found your room to be tidy and that you liked the pool. I also appreciate you sharing your thoughts on housekeeping so that our hotel can improve on this area. I'm sorry for the disturbance.

We hope to have the honor of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Tell City.

Kind Regards,