“Hidden Gem on the Coral Estate!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Pete G
“Hidden Gem on the Coral Estate!”
Reviewed 14 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019

Hummingbird Villa is located securely within the professionally maintained boundaries of the Coral Estate. The Coral Estate staff I encountered, whether I was coming and going through the security gates, or the cleaner who came weekly, were all friendly, cheerful and really helpful.
The Villa herself is a real Gem. Opening the French windows and stepping out onto the main balcony area you are greeted with sunshine, the chirping of exotic birds and glittering panoramic views of the ocean. This was my favourite spot in the whole place, followed closely by the hammock on the lower level which I indulged in several times during my ten day stay, to watch the divine, melting, blood orange sunsets. The main balcony area is also where we chose to have our meals. It's difficult to describe the serenity and happiness I felt eating my croissant and drinking my coffee, whilst looking out over the breathtaking vista of the shimmering Caribbean sea. Writing this review has taken me back there and now all I can think about is the next time I'll get to experience that breakfast view again. It's very unique.
It's almost needless to say, the onsite swimming pool is another real asset to this lovely holiday location and it's 30 degree climate. I could walk from my room; The aptly named 'Billy Ocean Suite' right out, through the external door, and into the pool in almost one movement.
We bought produce from the local supermarket and enjoyed an evening meal of barbecue, using the easy to use and very versatile Jamie Oliver gas barbecue provided, next to the pool. We made the best use of the Villa's up to date digital services, enjoying 'Coming To America' after a long day of scuba diving and sunbathing. We asked Alexa to play us BBC Radio 6 Music, whilst we prepared our evening meals and planned the next day's mission of fun and Caribbean exploration.
Hummingbird Villa has probably been the most excellent base that I've had use of for any holiday in recent years. She's versatile, spacious, well maintained, full of mod cons and located within ten minutes walk of the Coral Estate Dive and Wellness Centre. Here, I enjoyed a fabulous massage and we all enjoyed several delicious and portion generous meals on the idyllic beach front.
Early each morning I took a three mile run from our front door, following the road down and round to the resorts high quality bakery, where I would enjoy a black coffee and collect the freshly baked pastries, which we enjoyed with our sea view breakfast back at the villa.
Five minutes drive and we were at Daaibooi Beach, where we met Dutch Bob, a friendly Dive Master from Utrecht. Bob took us out, via a shore entrance, along the beautiful local reef, which teamed with schools of Blue Tang and other dazzling wonders of the Curacao deep.
Curacao has notably good infrastructure, including decent roads. This initially attracted us as it's suitability for a good holiday location, and made the driving into the beautiful capital city of Willemstad, one evening, a really pleasant experience.
All in all, Hummingbird Villa is a really first rate holiday location and I definitely plan on using her again. All three bedrooms are comfortable, air conditioned and nicely finished. They offer peace and relaxation after a full day of doing whatever. There has been obvious care and love poured into this holiday villa and it's reflected in the end product of what you see and where you stay. The price is more than reasonable for the experience of staying here. A five star place, without doubt. Highly recommended! :-)

Date of stay: June 2019
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
28 Jul 2019
Thanks we are always grateful for feedback and so glad you enjoyed your holiday with us!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.