“Great bar style restaurant”
Review of Dawson's on Main

Dawson's on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Dawson's on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Speedway
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Main
Description: The Hill family opened Dawson's on Main in June of 2006. We are known for friendly service, great hand-cut steaks, fresh seafood, local craft beers, and the best Hoosier tenderloin around. Come buy and introduce yourself and see what you have been missing. We are a full service restaurant on beautifully renovated Main Street. We are conveniently located directly across the street from the most famous racetrack in the world in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Come check us out.
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Good food and service on our Friday night visit with friends. Easy street parking nearby. Seated without long wait. Great appetizers and large drink menu for special cocktails and beer and wine choices. Meals from burgers to steak and seafood. Didn’t try the desserts. Would return if in the area again.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

If you go away hungry it's your own fault! Was able to make lunch reservations on a Sunday afternoon for 16 people and had a dining room to ourselves. I had a salad that could have fed four people and everyone else's meals had enough food for two people. Service and food quality were all outstanding. If I lived locally, I would return multiple times to check out other menu items.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We found Dawson's by happenstance and could not have been more pleased. We arrived late in Indy due to a flight delay. Tired and hungry, we were warmly greeted by Nick and provided excellent service by Marika. We each had something different-fish, chicken, burger, and pasta, and they all equally rivaled each other in taste. This place is a definite stop. We loved it!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

The kitchen closes at 10 p.m. Trip Advisor should show this info, so that hungry people don't show up at 11 p.m. and then have to find some other place to eat.

1  Thank Kathleen H
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I met some colleagues after work for drinks and dinner. The service was good and food was good! I ordered the crab cakes which came with two sides. I portions were generous and it came with two sides. I choose the vegetables and the rice. I was enough to share with my inquiring friends.
I lemon drop drinks were obviously potent enough, and plentiful. It was a good place to enjoy a few hours with friends and good food.

Been to Dawson's on Main? Share your experiences!