All reviews double tree parking garage river view century center joseph river great hotel cookies convention center art museum central location notre dame within walking distance breakfast buffet nice room business trip this past weekend the staff was great
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I only stayed one night. I arrived at two in the morning so I wasn't able to use the amenities however, I did walk into a very clean room. My experience was relaxing and I slept with no interruptions.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
David W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for your review and business. We hope to serve you again soon and you have the opportunity to utilize all of our great amenities and services.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was very clean and the view over looking the water was beautiful. Overall, we had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Normal rate is slightly pricey but worth the price.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Parking Garage is nice, if you don't mind the homeless people in there asking for money. Fire alarm went off in the evening on last stay, employees said to ignore it, Blood on sheets that were not changed from last guest, Door security bar was torn off of door, room 503, so, couldn't lock door, mirrored closet doors did not slide so couldn't use closet, off track. They sent a person up to fix that, but, after my first use, it fell off track again. He said he couldn't fix door... Lamp shades have splatter on them, not sure from what, (dried chocolate looking ??), lighted mirror in bathroom was cracked, Shower head was so scaled it barely worked, air-vent full of grime and dust, but in the open. I complained to the front desk, and they said they would tell someone... There are so many other hotels in the area. If you prefer a Hilton brand, the Hilton Garden Inn off of I-80 is best. There are several Marriott properties nearby, and that is where I'm staying at in the future, I'm absolutely done with this hotel. I have been staying at the DoubleTree monthly, for over 9 years, over 100 stays, you would think they would greet me as a re-occuring customer, but no, not even as a gold member. I'm done with the Doubletree, it's just not the same as it used to be...This is the first review I've ever written, so, sorry, but the truth hurts. If Hilton wants to compete with the brand new Aloft Hotel a block away, or the brand new Marriott courtyard being built right next door to this hotel, they will need to step up....step WAY up. But for now, I'm disappointed I did not even get a call back from the manager, after letting the front desk know about it that evening that I checked-in, and in the morning again... Stay was on Nov 28, Room 503.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Robert W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for your very detailed review of your past experience. I am deeply sorry you feel as if the hotel has lost it's touch of hospitality. We are always improving and your review will help us improve the experience we provide. Again, I thank you for the review.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Overall experience; Excellent! Good view of river, rapids, & dam. Best location, near Studebaker museum, & other museums. Excellent room,& restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, & dinner. Courteous, & helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review! I love reading how you enjoyed your view, room, and service! I look forward to welcoming you back to another excellent experience!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Our stay was great and the staff made it better. Everyone was great from the desk, driver, housekeeping staff, hostess, room service delivery, etc. The view from our room was great. We didn't use the pool, but looked nice. The food was okay. Room was comfortable. Nice stay for ND game.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great review! I am pleased to read that our staff were friendly and welcoming! I look forward to your return!