All reviews double tree parking garage river view century center joseph river great hotel cookies convention center art museum central location downtown area wedding reception notre dame within walking distance breakfast buffet business trip this past weekend
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We have stayed here three years in a row while attending functions at Notre Dame. It has a good location for walking to restaurants, and you can take in the scenery of the river across the street. Parking has never been a problem.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Robert W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see you are a return guest! I look forward to yet another return!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Had two rooms. One with public hairs all over and second with bag over fire extinguisher and poor service recovery or sympathy.
Nice hotel but not service. Had to get manager. And still neeed follow up.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry you received a poor level of service during your stay. This is not typical of our staff. Please feel free to contact me directly at 574-245-7259.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We would rate the hotel average execept the quality and variety of the food at the restaurant is just really bad. Ergo, moving from an average to a poor rating. The hotel is generally tired throughout. It does have a Starbucks appended to it, and that was a saving plus for us. We had a standard size pick up and the parking situation for normal but a bit larger vehicles like that is a nightmare. The hotel needs more carts to move luggage

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. I do hope we get the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while we were road tripping back home. It was very comfortable! It's easy to get to and the building is beautiful. Our room overlooked the river which at first I thought "big deal" (I know nothing of South Bend) but then I looked out the window and it was breathtaking! The bridge lights up and there's beautiful sculptures across the street. The pool and jacuzzi are very nice. The only thing I was disappointed about was the food. We ordered room service because we haven't done that in so long, it wasn't great. But the rest of the visit was!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! I love reading your comments about your stay with us! I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This hotel rates are too high for what they offer. Extra charge for parking. I'm a member and they changed my reservation pricing. Hotel is centrally located but can be loud with the traffic and atrium.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you felt you did not get the value for price paid. i hope you get the chance to return to the hotel.