All reviews double tree river view parking garage century center joseph river cookies great hotel art museum convention center downtown area wedding reception notre dame breakfast buffet business trip nice stay front desk staff beds were comfortable
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Julie- manager has an extreme lack of integrity. I have an issue with this. When a manager tells a diamond member that they are going to do something. Do it! Never question a customer. I am extremity disappointmenting in the management at the double tree in south bend.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jim W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Roger G,

Thank you for your review and being a Hilton Honors Diamond member. I'm very sorry that you were disappointed with one of our managers. I have shared your review with the team and if there is anything else we can do please let us know.

Thank you!

Jim Wynn, GM

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here on a cross country trip. The place is a big redevelopment project in downtown South Bend. Staff were young and pleasant, but after we ran into difficulty with our room, they did not help in meaningful ways. Some hours after we arrived we discovered that the floor was wet near the windows. When I told the front desk, they offered to have the engineer come up and check it out -- perhaps to bring a fan (the place is totally enclosed)! They did not offer another room. We decided to tough it out rather than make a fuss. One of us has a slight sensitivity to mold, and in the morning woke up with itchy eyes. When we checked out, I again mentioned the wet floor and the possibility of mold for the first time. The desk agent explained that it was probably due to torrential rains that had passed through town in previous days, and said that she would have it checked out. I'm not sure what I expected, but the whole conversation was pretty blah, as was the stay. I recommend another hotel choice in this area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Erin P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Thank you for your review of our DoubleTree in South Bend. We are terribly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and we let you down. We deeply regret the dissatisfaction we caused you and your family. We would honor the opportunity to speak to you in person. We are committed to your complete satisfaction. Please contact me directly at 574-245-7259. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. It's a great place. Rooms are quite comfortable. Easy access to lots of restaurants and walking trail. Having the Starbucks on site is very conventions for early morning starts.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

After a long drive from Ft Meade Maryland this hotel was a refreshing place to stay. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean my view was great and they have room service which is always a plus in my book. The only bad thing is parking was a pain and the surrounding construction was frustrating.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Was very happy with this hotel for the week!
Very comfortable and enjoyed it.
Liked the atrium area for the girls to be able to have practice space!
Very nice pool area!
Staff were also very courteous and welcoming!

Date of stay: July 2016