“Best Ribs in Town!”

Pitts BBQ
Ranked #23 of 321 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Don't expect a fancy sit down restaurant but you will not be disappointed with the RIBS! THEE best we've ever had in our area...they offer carryout and Catering...make this a must on your list..

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Best beef brisket in town. I want to get their recipe for BBQ sauce, that stuff is the best topping for your fries!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Stopped by for the first time and got ribs and a half chicken The ribs were very good but a little bit dry. They don't hold back on the sauce, though. I liked the sauce - a little sweet, a little spicy, and a whole lot of in-your-face vinegar tang.

I just ordered one side - the macaroni and cheese, after asking the owner which was the best. It was good but maybe not $3.00 good.

The chicken was nearly inedible. I'm not sure I have ever had such a dried out chicken in my life. If it wasn't for the copious amount of sauce they poured on it I couldn't have choked it down.

So I would give their ribs 4 stars - I have had much better. The mac & cheese would be a 3 and the chicken would be a 1.

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

As we traveled through South Bend, our family tried Pitts BBQ for a mid-afternoon late lunch/early dinner based on TripAdvisor reviews. So glad we made the right choice! (Thanks, TA Community! )

As we surveyed the menu, we were each given a sample of rib tips. If we weren't sold already, we were now ready for more!!! The only question was how much food and what do we order, especially when we didn’t know the portion sizes.

So fortunate that the employee working was quite helpful in this regard. She suggested we get a sampler (2 St. Louis style ribs, rib tips and pulled pork) and an order of ribs. We tacked on an order of Mac n cheese and fries for our youngest.

The ribs were slathered in a sweet, but not too sweet BBQ sauce and they were juicy and tender. They just fell off the bone.

I'm usually a huge fan of pulled pork, but it was not as good as the ribs and rib tips. The pulled pork was good; the ribs were just that much better.

The employee also said that she sometimes makes jerk chicken. Too bad we weren't there for that. Maybe on a return visit?

While this is primarily a carry-out establishment, there was seating for about 20. If you want a chain rib restaurant where the quality of food is sacrificed for more seating, go ahead leave Pitts to the rest of us; it's your loss!

Reviewed 7 February 2016

Great barbecue. We've had barbecue all over the country and this was right up there with any place in Memphis, Kansas City, Chicago, or St Louis. This ribs have a great rub and can be dry or wet. The brisket was really good also.