“Why do we ever try anywhere else ?”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #56 of 347 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 23 November 2016

We've been to several restaurants lately and have been disappointed. We went to Texas Roadhouse and loved it. We've been to this location several times and it is always great. The food, service, and drink. We wondered why we ever go anywhere else. Our waitress, Kassandra, was friendly and accommodating. They also had a GREAT deal on gift cards. We get them every year. Loved the place. AA++

Reviewed 1 November 2016

They had very good food, excellent service. We had a very great time. We didn't have a reservation for a Friday night but we didn't have to wait. We had a senior citizen with us and they were very accomodating

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Select your own steak! That's new for us at Texas Roadhouse. I chose a 12 oz. ribeye and my wife chose an 8 oz. sirloin. I asked for a tender steak. I let the chef select it.
We were seated promptly with a basket of those beautiful rolls. The rolls are a big reason we go to TR. They are usually delicious, but not tonight. They were small and dense, unlike the usually impossible to slice rolls we love. I asked for new ones, but alas, they were also "underproofed" and too dense. Shucks.
We ordered an onion blossom for an appetizer. It was very good. Before too long, they brought my wife a salad, and me a cup of chili, both good. The steaks with baked potato came right after. Very hot, and looked great. The steaks however were a bit on the dry side, and mine was chewy. It was definitely not the tender steak I'd asked for. My wife ate only three bites of hers, and I surgically dissected the most tender parts. Still had more than half of mine, and about 80% of hers when we asked for the check. We were offered a box to take them home, but they were not something we'd want to eat... now, or later. And believe me, I hardly ever leave any of my steaks uneaten.

Texas Roadhouse is capable of making a memorable meal, and I guess they did, but this time it was for the wrong reason. I'll try TR again, but if I get there and see those dinky rolls again, I'm out of there and on my way to another steakhouse.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

The Restaurant is family by design with servers dancing and singing in a country western theme, it is loud and very casual. A rib and steak place is what it's primarily known for. I enjoy the appetizer barbecue rib and potato witch is plenty for me. The service is good and prices are right

Reviewed 10 September 2016

I'm right in the middle here. I've had and equal amount of good, and bad meals at Texas Roadhouse. Now when I go here I am very careful what I order to avoid disappointment. I will say that the staff has always been very friendly and the experience has always been fun.

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!