All reviews dunkin donuts front desk jimmy johns steak n shake room was clean notre dame anyone traveling pull out couch enjoyed my stay fast food business center a great stay parking lot first floor off the highway easy access short drive
Reviewed 15 September 2018

This hotel was magnificent! We stayed overnight on 9/14. Apparently there was a football game or something going on, so the hotel was packed with all sorts of people coming to the game, but you could barely tell! Our room was very clean, smelled good, and had plenty of outlets--which is a must when you're on the road all of the time! I was very pleased to find a cute little pull-out couch in our room for lounging since we had a bit of time to waste. Also, the lighting in the bathroom was GREAT for putting on makeup. The bulb choices they made were primo. I didn't feel too washed out.
The WiFi works very well, but I would say that the staff might need to be a little more cautious on their case-sensitivity when writing down the passwords! :) Easy mistake. A couple of tries with different cases and I was logged in no problem!
I didn't get to use it, but there's a lovely pool and spa area! Maybe next time!
They serve breakfast from 6:00-10:00am on weekdays and 6:30-10:30am on weekends. Check-in is 3pm, but if you ask nicely and they have the room they may let you check in earlier! Check-out is 11am. They have a fitness center (key card access) and a small marketplace for buying little snacks and things.

There's also a Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Jimmy John's, Steak n Shake, and all other sorts of great fast options for coffee and food if you're feeling it. And they're all within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
BALVIRS20, General Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a great review. We are looking forward to your next return and we will make sure that the password is written down correctly.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

This is a good hotel, the location makes it an easy choice, especially if you're coming off the I-90 in the Notre Dame University area. There are many amenities in the area, so you have access to everything withing a few minutes drive. The rooms are good, there's a good pool, and the breakfast is what you'd expect from a Comfort Suites. The evening check in lady could take lessons in Customer Service, she's not very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
BALVIR S, General Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

We here at the Comfort Suites University, would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete a survey. I will be speaking with the front desk staff about their Customer Service skills.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I travel a lot. I spend probably 50% of my time in hotels. I don’t claim to be an expert but I do know what I look for. I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites University Area. Loved it. The first thing I noticed was it’s convenience to the turnpike. Not so close that you hear all the traffic noise, but close enough that it is an easy on and off and I appreciate that. It’s also located behind a mini-mall area with fast food and a Dunkin Donuts… and I DO love Dunkin Donuts! So that is a definite bonus. No problem with parking, and that is a pet peeve of mine… when you have to park half a mile from the front entrance. Not here. Plenty of spots, easy access. 24hr business center and fitness center. Awesome. The guy who checked me in, and I wish I remembered his name, was awesome. Probably the best front desk person ever, so it sucks I can’t name him specifically. But he was professional, courteous, fast, efficient, knowledgeable and funny! Better yet, when I returned to the lobby three hours later, he remembered me by NAME… and I had even changed my clothes. That was impressive. The room was great. Big comfy bed, lounge area. Whirlpool tub (WHAT?!?) and an amazing glass door shower that I love. A really cool, innovative mirror that was curved in a way to give you both front and both profile views. More than enough towels. It was clean… but better, it SMELLED clean. Not sure how to explain this, but when I walked in and took a breath, I actually smiled at how clean it smelled. Most hotels feel a bit musty, smell, I don’t know, lived in. This smelled like a summer day. You should stay here just for the smell. But all the other bonuses are great too. And a fantastic breakfast in the morning. You cannot go wrong. Thank you Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
BALVIR S, Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

We are glad that you had a great experience with us and we a looking forward to seeing you again in the near future

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I wrote a review on this place back in 2013. That review was outstanding. We have returned twice in the years since. Each time it got worse. This last time was so bad, we will not return. I have never stayed in a place so run down that has the Choice Hotel affiliation. There may have been better rooms, but ours was beat up and dirty from years of obvious neglect. To name a few things...dirty smudges on the trim work around the door in bathroom, filthy hairdryer chord, piles of dirt in corners by tub, permanent smudges outside of tub, torn and dirty wallpaper, dirty looking carpet, worn out mattress, cobwebs in the window I really felt like I didn’t want to touch anything while I was there. I don’t think it is the housekeepers fault, but really just years of no deep cleaning. The odor in the room was very perfumie so we asked if we could see another room. That room was the same so we didn’t move. If you have any allergies it is very difficult to tolerate whatever the are spraying or cleaning with. Also, the air conditioner spits out water and had very dirty vents. Very disappointing stay. I hope someone comes in and does a major overhaul soon.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine V
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The staff is why I didn’t lower the stars. The employees were all kind, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than most. The pool and hot tub were clean. Our room was definitely overpriced. The shower leaked all night. The a/c worked well but the carpet was constantly wet. Sometimes we could smell it. There were handles missing on drawer and closet. Walls had chipped paint and marks on them. The drapes had dark dirty spots. Carpet was very dirty with many stain spots. We stayed a week. The bed was comfortable. If it wasn’t we would have changed hotels. We have to come back next year. If they remodel we’ll come back if not we’ll stay elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family