All reviews dunkin donuts front desk jimmy johns steak n shake room was clean notre dame coffee table anyone traveling pull out couch enjoyed my stay fast food business center a great stay south bend area parking lot first floor off the highway
Reviewed 29 July 2016

The check in, the clerk who was a nice enough guy, coughed the entire time he checked me in. I really didn't want him touching my credit card or license.
The room; big room, comfortable bed, bathroom needs updating, the window had bad water damage above it.
Breakfast; standard fare, nothing special, no real complaints.
Overall average stay, have stayed in better in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MichiganBoots
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We apologize your stay was not up to your expectations and assure you we will work harder to deliver a great experience. Your feedback helps us continue to improve our operations. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

just stayed about 15 hours, on way to new job. needed a place to sleep. the room was clean. the bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever had! didn't have breakfast as I left at three am but the night clerk was very courteous and friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mary Ellen B

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We strive to offer a quality room and an affordable price. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

It had everything we were hoping for: a free continental breakfast, a pool, free newspapers. The only problem was that the hot tub was out of order, but that was relatively minor. There also is a Steak n Shake and a strip mall right on the street, as the hotel is off US 31.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank williamsoquet
Reviewed 7 July 2016

First I showed up at 1 am to check-in due to an unfortunate travel event.
The lady at the front desk told me she "could not check me in due to the fact my name was not on the crdeit card for the reservation. I'm working for an agency and they make all the advanced arrangements and pay for the hotels where I stay. After reasoning with her for 10 minutes she finally said "ok I'll check you in".
When I got to the room 107 I went into the bathroom to get ready to wash my face pulled one of the wash cloths down to use, and disgusting, it had stains on it. I got another one which appeared clean. I then looked in the tub and there was standing water in it. The tube did not look clean. Then to top it all off I noticed there was black mold growing on the shower curtain. I went back down to the desk and ask for another room. They moved me into 102. It was not much better. The carpet had all sorts of stains on it, I did not even want to take my shoes off. And the toilet was dirty.
They did comp me my room for the first night for the inconvenience.
I would not recommend this hotel at all. There are plenty of others in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
GM_ComfortSuitesSB, General Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

I appreciate your taking the time to reflect on your recent stay and I do apologize for the inconveniences as I know after a long day of travelling all you want is a decent place to stay. I was glad to hear that we made an adjustment to your bill. We are going thru a transition in our Housekeeping department and the issues you encountered are not normal. I hope that at some point in the future you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I checked into this hotel on our road trip from NJ to California. We had a dog and compared to the other run down hotels in the area, it was the better option. Overall, the room was clean but had a severe mold issue!!! There was mold all over the ceiling by the window and around the window. When I opened the closet to look for a blanket for the pull out couch, the ceiling and wall were covered in mold as well. After driving for about 14 hours, we were too exhausted to even attempt complaining about the issue, especially after asking the front desk for a blanket and getting an attitude. Overall it is a decent hotel but just needs some tlc. Breakfast was great.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LuckyLady83
GM_ComfortSuitesSB, General Manager at Comfort Suites University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. The mold issue around the windows in some rooms is due to a flashing issue at the roof line. This issue is being addressed and we hope to have this fixed in the near future. Our housekeeping and maintenance staffs are working to keep the interior areas with this issue clean.