“Great bar food”

Bob's 19th Hole
Ranked #22 of 308 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Description: Bob's 19th Hole has been serving great food to the Michiana area since 1976. We Strive to serve the best quality at the most reasonable price. If you have ever enjoyed our food, please tell others. If you haven't, please tell us!
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Ate on the bar side. Had the black/blue burger with twice baked potato. Burger was great, well seasoned and juicy. Twice baked was good, but not great, was served in a cup instead of the potato skin. Staff were friendly with happy attitudes. Had good bottled beer selection but nothing on draft. Would go back again for the burger.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We were excited to eat here. Menu online looked real good. The impression afterward: This is a place for the 'good ole boys'. I had General Tso, which I was surprised to see on the menu. It was good but by far not the best. Not enough sauce, no onions, peppers, just chicken sitting on rice; the healthy long grain rice flavor was fighting with the sweet/sour sauce flavor. The side veggies were large chunks of steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. The side salad was very good as was the house garlic vinegar dressing. My husband had one of the large double decker hamburgers. He said it was ok but by far not the best that he's had. This is a dark bar atmosphere with much activity. The best I can say is that is was ok.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

This is a casual place to have a good, filling meal and be with friends and family...no pretensions here. The specials are always very good. The Pollack on Friday night was very good...all you can eat, but the initial portion is enough. Others at my table had the Polish Dinner - all was good, but the fried chicken was overcooked. They were very busy when we arrived, but our server stayed attentive to us. This is always a good place to stop and have a beer or a drink, and dinner with friends...I'll be back.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We try to go here at least once a month. Their all you can eat Pollock is excellent! They have drink specials also.

Wish I could try a dessert, but we are always stuffed and just cannot do it.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Nice casual place. Mostly good food. Nice portions. Food came to the table EXTREMELY hot. We're not used to getting food served so hot and burnt our mouths on the twice baked potatoes. I ordered the beef tips with onions and green peppers, NO MUSHROOMS but they were delivered with mushrooms. Instead of fixing a fresh meal, they somewhat "picked" most of the mushrooms out, leaving some in there and half way sauteed some peppers and just threw them on top. The peppers were still very crunchy and barely warm. I don't like mushrooms but my son is allergic to them. Had they served this to him he would have to have been taken to the emergency room!!! When people say NO MUSHROOMS or what ever, restaurants should NEVER assume that it's just because people just don't like them. This could have been a life threatening problem for my son. REALLY, REALLY POOR decision making on the part of the cooks or whomever made that call. The server admitted it was her fault that she forgot to tell the cooks, "no mushrooms". Friendly manager and customers. Beer's a bit pricey but mixed drinks were strong. It was someplace different to try but we probably won't be back. If they just half way "pick" (don't know if they used fingers? a fork? gloves?) something out of your food and throw in some barely cooked item, it doesn't make us feel comfortable about other "cut corners".