All reviews bedroom suite free laundry the outdoor patio area notre dame a small kitchen area bar stools strange smell nice perk sized refrigerator evening reception served its purpose plenty of hot water first floor night stay the rooms were nice would definitely stay here again very nice stay
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

First time in a Staybridge. Was impressed with experience and will include this in my future searches. Price was comparable to other hotels in the area.

Family enjoyed the adult swim and theater room greatly.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2016

This location is similar to the other properties in this category with things I am starting to take for granted, comfy bed, clean rooms with all the normal amenities. What was different was after I got home, I discovered a $600+ error on my credit card for this stay. I called a few days later and spoke with Karen. From the time the phone began ringing until the end of the conversation took less than 75 seconds. It helped that I didn't have to wonder if anyone was ever going to pick up the phone, there was no need for apologies for a slow running computer or long silences while she was searching various pages to confirm the mistake. She found the error and refunded the money immediately. What sets this apart from other inns is she had the resources to make it happen - no fuss, no muss, just mark that off my to do list and move on. This is the way errors should be corrected.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2016

The room was delightful, amply sized, well appointed, clean, attractive, and comfortable. Spent two nights here while in town for a meeting, I could have stayed longer just to relax.
The service was excellent. I had several special requests during my short stay, to which they responded promptly and efficiently to each. A nice bonus, they provide free laundry products and FREE wash and dry!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

I must say I was very impressed, the front desk was very friendly and courteous. I had a King Studio Suite which was very clean with a separate kitchen area. The pool area could have used some updates but was clean and I enjoyed the jacuzzi. I also really enjoyed the breakfast and the social between 5:30pm and 7:30pm Monday through Wednesday which included food beer and wine. They also have a fitness room open 24/7.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2016

The hotel was fine--considering the game day weekend price tag. It is a nice $100/night property but on game weekend we paid $350 plus tax. Crazy but that is normal for the city. We walked to campus on game day but for most people it would be too long. We did take the shuttle home...what a nightmare. I would not recommend it unless you have no other choice. We left the game and immediately went to the shuttle and the first bus had already left. It came back about 45 min later (traffic) and then it took another 45 min to go 3 miles--which is not that bad except it was 12:30am and we had no seats. We were standing in the aisle trying not to fall over . The shuttle only has seats for about 20 people and there are at least 100 waiting to get on. We were on the 2nd shuttle--I have no idea how long other people waited. Had we not made it on the 2nd shuttle we would have walked. We had 2 kids with us ages 10 and 12 and it was by far the worst experience of the weekend. If I had to do it over again, I would have parked at the Convention center ($20) parking (less than the shuttle) and walked the mile into campus so at the end of the night we would just walk back out. The hotels sell the shuttle to customers but in reality, most of us were miserable! Even the people with seats were afraid people would come falling on top of them. We probably had 45 people stuffed in a 20 person small bus.

Overall, Staybridge was great. if you wanted to walk to campus, the New Motel 6 or the Microtel or Holiday Inn are good choices. About a 15 min walk. Otherwise, just part at the convention center. We saw parking for $60 as you got closer and closer to campus. It just depends on what your budget is.

We booked on Hotwire which was much less expensive than the hotel website.

Date of stay: September 2016