All reviews pet policy small dog near airport pet friendly hotel waffles sleeper sofa convenient location very nice hotel bed was comfortable clean rooms front desk clerk fresh fruit one night stay road trip notre dame game indoor pool pets
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

On our way home to Pittsburgh after helping our son move to Davenport Iowa, we needed a place to stay to break up the drive. This hotel seemed like a good choice considering it was a short drive off of the turnpike. The young lady at the front desk was helpful in giving us the best price, especially after just walking in with no advance reservation.
We were very pleased. Although basically in the parking lot of the airport, I did not hear the planes at all. I heard the trains but not loud enough to be bothersome.
We were given the handicapped accessible room (#118) and the shower was easy to use with the adaptions. One problem is the lighting in the bathroom. The only light is over the sink and it isn't bright enough. No light over the shower was too dark and could be dangerous. But the bathroom was very clean with no unpleasant smells.
The room was also clean and the beds were comfortable and the sheets had a nice clean smell. The mattress was nice and soft.
We did not use the pool but it looked inviting, if you have little kids, but it is a very small pool.
The breakfast hostess was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was the usual breakfast fare with eggs, sausage and biscuits etc. The fresh fruit was a nice touch.
If you have dogs, they are welcome. I am not a pet owner so I would actually appreciate a room that didn't recently have a dog in it. I don't know if they actually have pet-free rooms.
The price was very affordable and the stay was very pleasant. We likely will stay again as I expect we will be making the trip to and from Iowa again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Ami P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Thank you very much for your feed back. We value all feedback to help us improve our hotel for all guest. We really hope you stay again.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

My stay exceeded my expectations. Very clean, modern and comfortable. I needed to leave by 5:30am to catch a flight and the 6am breakfast was out, hot and delicious. All a pleasant surprize for a weary traveler.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Very clean nice staff and great if going to Notre Dame.... they have a shuttle on game day worked great no worries about parking. We also brought our pet and hotel very accommodating...would definitely stay again...

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ami P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our South Bend La Quinta. I am pleased to hear you had a great stay at our location! Here at La Quinta it is our number one priority to provide our guests with the best stay possible and I am glad we were able to succeed with your stay!
Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Room Tip: The only complaint about this hotel is the lighting in the bathroom was not very bright.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ami P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Reviewed 27 September 2018

This property was a great place to stay! We found it clean and everything was in perfect working order.It was a little difficult to find, a little way from the interstate and there were no restaurants close. But, we ordered from a restaurant that delivered and the meal was there is no time.

Room Tip: The controls to the HVAC are on the wall, not on the unit!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ami P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our South Bend La Quinta. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay at our location! Here at La Quinta it is our number one priority to provide our guests with the best stay possible and I am glad we were able to succeed with your stay!
Thank you and have a great day!