“Fine Dining”

Carriage House Dining Room & Gardens
Ranked #8 of 324 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$9 - US$65
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Indiana's most nationally recognized restaurant - 28 years AAA Chicago Four Diamond and 30 years Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence." Formal Main Dining housed within historical 1851 building featuring the freshest farm-to-table foods and extensive fine wine list. Michiana's premier outdoor fine-dining facility, ALFRESCO FINE DINING & GARDENS, featuring a wood fire oven, patio seating adjacent to outdoor stage exhibiting local musicians every weekend during summer. Two Excellent Venues - One Superb Restaurant!
Reviewed 23 September 2015

My husband took me to Carriage House for our anniversary dinner, and we couldn't have been more delighted. The gardened grounds were beautiful, the food creative, unusual, and absolutely-delicious, and the service impeccable. I had lamb, which was succulent and marvelous. Carriage House is a gem among restaurants and my opinion is that it is well worth what you will pay. We would return for sure.

3  Thank Maggie M

Reviewed 31 August 2015

The food was amazing- Brie and Leek soup, Fig pizza, Oysters with feta cheese, Pepperoni pizza all were very good. The pizza's are very thin crusted and true to the brick oven Italian "pizza"- healthy, very little fat to the pizza and chock full of arugula (the fig pizza). My husband easily finished his pepperoni pizza. I had a bit for left overs. Be prepared to pay very high prices. One beer, One soda, food: Bill was over $100. Staff was wonderful. Be aware that there is an indoor menu that is far more extensive- and expensive. The outdoor menu was perfect for our needs, as we were traveling and found this little gem on google maps. It is very secluded. The grounds are just beautiful. At this time of the year, the hydrangea's were at their peak in the garden area. It is very restful- creative and very well executed food. I would give it 5 stars except the price was a shock at the end of the meal.

6  Thank rasoprano
Reviewed 17 August 2015

I grew up in Elkhart and ate at CH in 1987. I still talk about that visit to this day. So when my wife asked me what I wanted to do for our Anniversary I said let's do the SW Michigan Wineries and Brew Pubs, stay in South Bend at the Oliver Inn and have dinner at CH.It was fabulous. Equivalent to Joseph Decuis here in Fort Wayne. Kitchen is very talented. Creative dishes and bone in Pork Chop was cooked perfect with Michigan Cherries. Farm to Fork Rocks. The staff was delightful. Waitress was a peach. Rodney the Manager is a rock star. The outside fresco dining and garden was a nice nightcap after the formal dining inside. Outside to new and contemporary. When they update the inside this restaurant will be unrivaled for miles. Meson Sabika in Naperville and Joseph Decuis in Fort Wayne are the only ones to come to mind. This place is very unique and worth the drive and $.

4  Thank Tom A
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Our experience was excellent from start to finish! We had the pleasure of enjoying house made blends from the best ingredients in the midst of a truly beautiful garden. The live music added to the serene atmosphere, and the service was great!

We will definitely be dining at the Carriage House again!

4  Thank Taryn W
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Owner and staff were top notch in providing a five start dining experience. The staff were attentive and elegant in their culinary descriptions. Absolutely superb!

3  Thank JenM402