“Excellent Filet Mignon”
Review of LaSalle Grill

LaSalle Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
LaSalle Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 321 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$16 - US$57
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: LaSalle Grill is located in Downtown South Bend's oldest commercial building. Built in 1868 as the St. Joseph Hotel, the building has survived over 146 years. Converted to restaurant use in 1991, LaSalle Grill has become an institution in South Bend and the region. We have won the coveted AAA Four Diamond rating for 19 consecutive years, the longest run of any restaurant in Indiana. Our menu is rooted in USDA Prime and Choice steaks cooked over a live hardwood fire, Lamb and Pork chops, locally raised Chicken and Duck, Fresh seafood delivered daily, Vegetarian and Vegan options and seasonal game dishes. We have won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for over 17 years and employ the only Certified Sommelier working in a restaurant in the state.
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We were in town for Notre Dame's Freshman Welcome Weekend. The restaurant was bustling and full, but our meal was not rushed. Service was professional and efficient. LaSalle Grill is our go-to South Bend restaurant for steaks--excellent quality meat and cooked perfectly.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

The last two times I went to the grill, I was somewhat disappointed. One time sat at the bar and the food was lukewarm--Hot food should be served hot. The plate was cold to the touch which of course cooled the food faster. The usual case is that the waitress is busy and the food sits for too long after the chef releases it.
Another time I ordered a mixed drink and it was done totally wrong. Inexperienced bartender, I would guess.

1  Thank Frank Y
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I have been to the LaSalle Grill numerous times and every time they have provided a great dining experience. It's one of my go-to restaurants when I am looking for that special meal!

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for cocktail and appetizers. Love it! Cozy bar downstairs and happening bar space upstairs. Excellent food. Fabulous scotch and whiskey offerings.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

My husband treated me to a birthday dinner at Lasalle Grill. We live about an hour away, but had been there before and knew it was worth the trip. They make you feel special from the minute you arrive. We ducked into the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail, which was excellent, and served by a very attentive bartender. When they took us to our table, the menu had 'Happy Birthday Pat' printed on it, along with a birthday card! I had the filet mignon, which melted in my mouth, and my husband had a fish dish that he said was the best he had. When I returned from the restroom, I noticed water had been spilled,(by my husband) for which the waiter took the blame. If you are anywhere near Lasalle Grill - stop in! Call for reservations...

1  Thank Pat B