“Nice Dinner”

Augustin's Mexican Grill
Ranked #20 of 66 Restaurants in Shelbyville
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Went here after a recommendation. Was very happy with the meal. Servers were attentive and very courteous. Food was fresh and very tasty. We all had combination plates. In and out in 30 mins. Just what we were looking for. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner while driving home from Indianapolis and were very impressed! My husband had a steak burrito which he said was the best he'd ever had, I had fish tacos and my son had a beef track and enchilada. The food was fantastic and well prepared. They have a normal every day salsa for the chips they bring to the table, but if you like hot, they have an amazing hot salsa they bring out on request. Great stop on our drive!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

There are three Mexican restaurants in Shelbyville within 1/4 mile of each other, so I kind of randomly selected this one based on just a few reviews. On the outside it's clean and modern looking but it kind of has a fast food look. Inside it's clean and bright, but very simple. Don't let that throw you; you'll get freshly prepared food and lots of it. Upon review of the menu, the prices were quite low so we ordered appetizers guessing that at the low prices we wouldn't get much food for the entrees: wrong! My wife had a single order of fajitas and it was more than she could eat and I had a mixed platter that had so many items on it that it came on two large plates. Everything tasted great: fajitas, guacamole, tamale, enchilada, taco, and chile relenos. In addition the service was spot on. Drinks, 2 appetizers, and two meals for under $30, a great price but not at all fast food. Not sure where some of the "high prices" comments on other reviews are coming from. Two plates of food in the mixed platter for $8.50? Go to the Taco Bell dollar menu if you want cheap fast food, this is home cooked with great service.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Nice authentic Mexican restaurant opened under 1 year ago in strip mall. Good food, good service, clean inside, well kept, prices are average and as expected.

I like the Chimichanga with beans and rice and the beef taco supreme.

Service was quick, all is good here.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Came here on a whim while passing by. Some of the other reviews have noted there's not much ambience. Not a big deal but it's very drab and plain inside.

The food however was very good, served fast and hot. I had a chimichanga with chicken and was very pleased with all of it. The chicken was delicious and all the veggies and rice were fresh. And very good. The salsa is spectacularly good.

Not sure what the complaints from others about price come from; my chimichanga was $7 and I left stuffed. Two bowls of salsa and plenty of chips, I didn't think the price was at all unreasonable for the quality of the food.