“Filthy”
Review of House Of Kobe

House Of Kobe
Ranked #71 of 105 Restaurants in Schererville
Dining options: Reservations
Description: House of Kobe serves delectable, teppan-style cuisine and sushi to give residents of Shererville, IN, a taste of Japan. We present our food in the famous style of cooking known as teppanyaki that provides family-friendly entertainment. You are treated to a show from our chefs as they cook your food directly in front of you with tricks and stunts that capture your attention.In addition to our teppan entrees, we also cut extremely fresh, high-quality sushi and sashimi for a great dining experience. House of Kobe offers many advantages for a wonderful night out: Savory steak, lobster and shrimp Vast variety of sushi Premium lunch menu Quality appetizers Full bar Dine-in or carryout Private rooms availableWith the House of Kobe, you get a dining experience unlike any other. Enthrall your taste buds with expertly cooked food while you stimulate your other senses with the electric atmosphere in our restaurant.
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I have been a frequent flyer since the early 90’s. This place was GREAT! The last few times I have been, not so much. It’s disgustingly dirty, the food was good with large portions... but I couldn’t get past the filth. It was so dirty from the bathroom to the chairs, to the table and even the glasses. We came home at 10pm and I put my whole families jackets in the washing machine. There was a sticky something about an inch thick in our chairs that we put our coats down before we sat. I’m so disappointed. We mentioned it to the people and they said they were to busy. Will not return and would never recommend

1  Thank Trissegirl

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

What a horrible Christmas dinner experience. We had a group of 17 people, eight on one side and my nine people on the other. We all go here every Christmas evening. The eight on the table 17 had great food and service. We on table 16 paid a small fortune for a horrible cook/food. Waited 45 minutes to place our drink/food order. An hour later our cook came out. He did not have the right amount of food with him. Five of us got vegetables, four did not as he ran out. We waited an additional 15 minutes for our vegetables to be cooked in the kitchen and brought out in s puddle of some liquid. Then he cooked two small portions of beef for the SEVEN orders of beef fried rice that was ordered. The beef was cooked so long it was very chewy and not edible. My son and daughter order the Shogun (filet), he got a plate full of meat (maybe 1 1/2 pounds) and she got the tiniest portion ever (maybe 3 ounces). We were so mad that we didn't even eat what we had. The manager was called out and offered a 15% discount that didn't even cover the 18% gratuity that was added to our bill. We go to this restaurant several time a year and every Christmas evening. This is the third time we have had issues. We will not be going back. They have lost very good customers.

1  Thank musgroves
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I can only do this about once a year, though I always have a good time, the food though is mediocre. I do enjoy the atmosphere, and the style makes it fun. always better to go with large group, family and friends as opposed to sitting with strangers, so you can share.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I've eaten sushi at this restaurant several times 2-3 yrs ago. Recently I'm back in the area again, and was concerned about several of the comments that they weren't as good as they used to be. Tried them again anyway, and found it just as good as before. Hoping they keep this up!

1  Thank Greg K
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We came here for my nephews birthday, I love the fact that the chef cooks the meal in front of you as you are seated with a large group of people in a U shaped table. The chef does his magic with his knives and spatula and makes more noise than he needs to but it adds to the experience! He will toss bits of food into everyone's mouth to see if you can catch it. They are super friendly and fun. The food is delicious also. Great place~

1  Thank Susan D