All reviews non smoking rising star casino skyline chili main building table games new carpeting rewards card parking lot shuttle that runs shampoo and conditioner view of the river ohio river prime rib slot machines starbucks coffee pool and hot tub two night stay
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I called to make a room reservation for the night and were told by the hospitality representative that it would not be necessary to book over the phone but to secure our room upon arrival due to a high volume of room availability. We arrived within 45 minutes and were eventually greeted by Jessica at the front desk. I informed her of my phone conversation and that I'd like to book a room for the night. We had been traveling all day and were very much looking forward to resting, especially my 91 year old grandmother. When Jessica informed us there were no rooms available we were extremely confused as to how this was possible since we had called prior to our arrival. At this point, we are exhausted and are in need of any type of advice or guidance on our situation. We are beyond exhausted and are completely dismissed by Jessica, who doesn't offer us any assistance. When asked if we could speak with a higher up, she informed us her manager could be found on the 4th floor of the casino and that we would physically have to go to him. With my elderly grandmother still in the car, I now must get her in the lobby, park the car, and leave her to seek out the manager on my own. I am extremely frustrated and feel incredibly disrepected as a guest. Once I found the manager's office, he was kind and apologized for any confusion. His only suggestion was to wait until 6pm in hopes of a room becoming available. Desperate at this point, we wait around another 30 minutes with no luck. We ended up leaving and found somewhere else to stay last minute. I travel frequently and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank GrandTour790712
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I booked our group months in advance into the main hotel. We were told days before we were to stay there that there was no room for our group in the main hotel but that we would be well taken care of at the lodge across the parking lot.
When we arrived as scheduled there was no one to greet the grou nor to check us in. An IT guy called the other hotel to send someone over. 20 minutes later we were able to head to our rooms. Unfortunately only one of the two elevators were working. Many people requested room changes due to unacceptable room conditions. Even more had to return 2 or 3 times because the room keys did not work. When I had been in the lodge for about 45 minutes my phone rang. It was 4 people from our group who had been stuck in the elevator since we had gotten there! they tried to use the emergency phone numerous times but no one answered it. We later found out that was broken too!! The included meals (very good buffet) were in the other building about a 7 minute walk for my senior group. There was supposed to be a shuttle but it rarely could be found. NO EMPLOYEES were working in our building. Our room keys had to be reset repeatedly at the other building without the shuttle to get us back and forth. Disaster.

I have stayed in the main hotel and it was better. Casino has mostly older slots.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the lodge at Rising Star.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank AdventuresTravelClub
Reviewed 29 July 2018

It was our first time to visit. We stayed in the detached Lodge. It was supposed to be non-smoking, but our room smelled like smoke. Perhaps it was from the casino boat, where apparently smokers are preferred. You have to walk through clouds to get to the lower level "non-smoking" section, but it shares the same air as the other levels. The pool, hot tub and fitness center are in the main building, inconvenient for Lodge visitors, although they do run a shuttle if you don't want to walk across. The restaurants are also in the main building. We had Skyline chili, which was OK. The live entertainment in the main building lobby was good. The casino had a good variety of slot machines and other games. Parking is convenient. We did not try the golf course.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

If this place was the last place on earth to stay, I wouldn’t!! They don’t clean the rooms, carpet is dirty and customer service is nonexistent!! Please seek shelter at another resort. The RV is ok, but it could be better.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Shantel T
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I was so amazed how that property has gone all out and made it like a big barn as one enters the building. It is so homely and it looks like a barn where one can have a hoe down. It is beautiful inside. We even ran into a replica of the USS Indiana right before you get on the boat that is connected to this building. I thought the boat was huge. It has 4 floors. The bottom floor is smoke free . The top floor one can go outside and sit by the bar and look at the beautiful Ohio River scenery. The gaming machines are on one side and the crap tables are on the other side.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple