“RV Campground is GREAT!!”

Rising Star Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rising Sun
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Our first time to visit this NEW campground. Not our first time to the Casino. The campground is one of the best. Brand new, all concrete pads, all level, bathroom's and shower's are spotless. We are camping in a 44 for motorcoach pulling a 25 foot trailer. Did have to unhook but paved place to put trailer. Easy in and out. We definitely will return and highly recommend it. Dollar General and Family Dollar Stores next door. So can get some supplies within walking distance.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Laura W, Front Office Manager at Rising Star Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Roger R
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our new Campground! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back soon!
Laura L

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here by accident as I thought it was closer to Cincinnati airport, as the crow flies it is, by road it's an hour!
Did not use the Casino but stayed in the lodge hotel. Rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable. Wifi is free but slow. No breakfast in hotel but is available in the casino part of the complex. Did look at that but it seemed rather expensive. Room was very inexpensive presumably so you stay there and empty your pockets in the slot machines. Sorry I just used the cheap room part!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 1001Martin

Dear 1001Martin
We are happy to have had you as our guest! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed there it was very nice the staff was very nice too I will stay there again the food was good it was close to everything we wanted to see . We stayed for three nights. The rooms were very clean our room was done every day

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 597James597

Dear 597James597,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed at the hotel on Saturday August 5th 2017. We heard rustling noises in the night and found mice feces in the morning. I informed housekeeping, she told me there were mice in room 223, I told her I was in room 227. I told the girl at check out she blew me off, I also sent a personal e-mail to the hotel and got no response. I very rarely do reviews but this was a first for me. I have never had this happen.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mike M

Dear Mike M.
I apologize for your experience! I will speak to Hotel Management and let them know of your situation. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My wife and I spent our 19th year Anniversary at this Hotel. Upon checking in the staff was quick and professional. The rooms are very nice, had a riverside view. The room was clean with a refrigerator. The bathroom was also clean. What surprised me was the size of the room. The rooms are large and have more than enough space to move around. We do not gamble much but the Casino was nice and we had a good time.

At at the Riverview Buffet the food is really good. I did not care for the steak it was dry but they had a few other meats to choose from.

The only negative about the area is there is very little to do unless you travel 20 minutes or so. That was not a big deal to us.

Over all we had a nice time and will return in the future.

Room Tip: Riverside view was very nice.