“Hotel not the casino”

Rising Star Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rising Sun
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here by accident as I thought it was closer to Cincinnati airport, as the crow flies it is, by road it's an hour!
Did not use the Casino but stayed in the lodge hotel. Rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable. Wifi is free but slow. No breakfast in hotel but is available in the casino part of the complex. Did look at that but it seemed rather expensive. Room was very inexpensive presumably so you stay there and empty your pockets in the slot machines. Sorry I just used the cheap room part!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 1001Martin
Laura W, Front Office Manager at Rising Star Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear 1001Martin
We are happy to have had you as our guest! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed there it was very nice the staff was very nice too I will stay there again the food was good it was close to everything we wanted to see . We stayed for three nights. The rooms were very clean our room was done every day

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 597James597

Dear 597James597,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed at the hotel on Saturday August 5th 2017. We heard rustling noises in the night and found mice feces in the morning. I informed housekeeping, she told me there were mice in room 223, I told her I was in room 227. I told the girl at check out she blew me off, I also sent a personal e-mail to the hotel and got no response. I very rarely do reviews but this was a first for me. I have never had this happen.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mike M

Dear Mike M.
I apologize for your experience! I will speak to Hotel Management and let them know of your situation. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My wife and I spent our 19th year Anniversary at this Hotel. Upon checking in the staff was quick and professional. The rooms are very nice, had a riverside view. The room was clean with a refrigerator. The bathroom was also clean. What surprised me was the size of the room. The rooms are large and have more than enough space to move around. We do not gamble much but the Casino was nice and we had a good time.

At at the Riverview Buffet the food is really good. I did not care for the steak it was dry but they had a few other meats to choose from.

The only negative about the area is there is very little to do unless you travel 20 minutes or so. That was not a big deal to us.

Over all we had a nice time and will return in the future.

Room Tip: Riverside view was very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael L

Dear Michael L
We are glad to hear you decided to celebrate your special day with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

On a whim, we drove to Rising Sun, Indiana for the Rising Star Casino. We called to see if the resort had a room because the booking websites didn't have them. The front desk said they did! It would be cheaper if we got a players card, which we did when we arrived (inside the casino). We expected to pay around $55 dollars for a night. Much to our surprise, we got the room at $19.95 thanks to the casino hostess! We were ecstatic. The room was located in the new lodge and was very nice with shampoo, conditioner, makeup removing towelette, lotion, mouthwash and soap. A coffee maker and fixings were also provided. I was very pleased with the room. We will definitely stay here again.

The casino was slow and not much to brag about. They were a lot of slot machines and not many tables were attended. It's a nice place on a slow week. There weren't many people but there was a lot of smoke. It is quite a large, possible 4 stories, boat style casino.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KentuckyGirl1972
Laura W, Front Office Manager at Rising Star Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear KentuckyGirl1972,

Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
14.8 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg

Been to Rising Star Casino Resort? Share your experiences!