Empire House Hotel(Rising Sun)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnon smokingrising star casinoskyline chilifree roomtable gamesmain buildingnew carpetingrewards cardparking lotshuttle that runscrab legsshampoo and conditionerview of the riverohio riverprime ribslot machinesstarbucks coffee
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed there it was very nice the staff was very nice too I will stay there again the food was good it was close to everything we wanted to see . We stayed for three nights. The rooms were very clean our room was done every day

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 597James597
Laura W, Front Office Manager at Rising Star Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear 597James597,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed at the hotel on Saturday August 5th 2017. We heard rustling noises in the night and found mice feces in the morning. I informed housekeeping, she told me there were mice in room 223, I told her I was in room 227. I told the girl at check out she blew me off, I also sent a personal e-mail to the hotel and got no response. I very rarely do reviews but this was a first for me. I have never had this happen.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mike M

Dear Mike M.
I apologize for your experience! I will speak to Hotel Management and let them know of your situation. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My wife and I spent our 19th year Anniversary at this Hotel. Upon checking in the staff was quick and professional. The rooms are very nice, had a riverside view. The room was clean with a refrigerator. The bathroom was also clean. What surprised me was the size of the room. The rooms are large and have more than enough space to move around. We do not gamble much but the Casino was nice and we had a good time.

At at the Riverview Buffet the food is really good. I did not care for the steak it was dry but they had a few other meats to choose from.

The only negative about the area is there is very little to do unless you travel 20 minutes or so. That was not a big deal to us.

Over all we had a nice time and will return in the future.

Room Tip: Riverside view was very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael L

Dear Michael L
We are glad to hear you decided to celebrate your special day with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

On a whim, we drove to Rising Sun, Indiana for the Rising Star Casino. We called to see if the resort had a room because the booking websites didn't have them. The front desk said they did! It would be cheaper if we got a players card, which we did when we arrived (inside the casino). We expected to pay around $55 dollars for a night. Much to our surprise, we got the room at $19.95 thanks to the casino hostess! We were ecstatic. The room was located in the new lodge and was very nice with shampoo, conditioner, makeup removing towelette, lotion, mouthwash and soap. A coffee maker and fixings were also provided. I was very pleased with the room. We will definitely stay here again.

The casino was slow and not much to brag about. They were a lot of slot machines and not many tables were attended. It's a nice place on a slow week. There weren't many people but there was a lot of smoke. It is quite a large, possible 4 stories, boat style casino.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KentuckyGirl1972
Laura W, Front Office Manager at Rising Star Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear KentuckyGirl1972,

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Stayed here for one night. The hotel room was quiet and comfortable.. Hallway carpet needs really cleaned or replaced. Looked very dirty. Front desk was friendly and helpful. Victoria Pub prime rib special was awful.

Room Tip: We had a room on 2nd floor. Quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Tonya P,
Thank you for your feedback. We have began renovations on our guestrooms, and hope to replace carpeting in our hallways in the near future. Our goal is to provide a great experience for our guests. I will also inform our Food and Beverage Management Team about your experience with the prime rib special. We hope to see you again in the future!