All reviews non smoking rising star casino skyline chili main building table games new carpeting rewards card parking lot shuttle that runs shampoo and conditioner view of the river ohio river prime rib slot machines starbucks coffee pool and hot tub two night stay
Reviewed 10 August 2017

On a whim, we drove to Rising Sun, Indiana for the Rising Star Casino. We called to see if the resort had a room because the booking websites didn't have them. The front desk said they did! It would be cheaper if we got a players card, which we did when we arrived (inside the casino). We expected to pay around $55 dollars for a night. Much to our surprise, we got the room at $19.95 thanks to the casino hostess! We were ecstatic. The room was located in the new lodge and was very nice with shampoo, conditioner, makeup removing towelette, lotion, mouthwash and soap. A coffee maker and fixings were also provided. I was very pleased with the room. We will definitely stay here again.

The casino was slow and not much to brag about. They were a lot of slot machines and not many tables were attended. It's a nice place on a slow week. There weren't many people but there was a lot of smoke. It is quite a large, possible 4 stories, boat style casino.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KentuckyGirl1972
Laura W, Front Office Manager at Rising Star Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear KentuckyGirl1972,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sincerely

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Stayed here for one night. The hotel room was quiet and comfortable.. Hallway carpet needs really cleaned or replaced. Looked very dirty. Front desk was friendly and helpful. Victoria Pub prime rib special was awful.

Room Tip: We had a room on 2nd floor. Quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Tonya P,
Thank you for your feedback. We have began renovations on our guestrooms, and hope to replace carpeting in our hallways in the near future. Our goal is to provide a great experience for our guests. I will also inform our Food and Beverage Management Team about your experience with the prime rib special. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here because it was a good deal, and in the middle of the places we were visiting. The first impression was not a good one. I dropped our party off at the main building to check in. The only pull-up-to-the-door service was for valet parking, so we had to pull through a farther drive. 3 of the 4 people I dropped off were handicapped, so I wasn't happy about that. I got parked, then got a call from my party that our rooms were in a building across the street. This may seem very minor, but when it's very difficult for people to walk, it's not very minor. We got to our building, though, and were able to park very close, with the elevator right inside the door. All was well. The rooms were nice, the air conditioning worked great, and the bed was very comfortable. There are no amenities here....well, very few. There is no refrigerator or microwave (but there may be some in the king rooms. There were none of those available), and certainly no free breakfast of any kind. The hotel restaurants were pricey, and in the main building, so there's the whole walking thing again. The staff we encountered was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and we were happy with those things. The little town has few choices of restaurants, but there are several in a closely neighboring community. It's not that I'm not recommending it, just be aware. I didn't make the reservation, so I wasn't aware of the lack of amenities I have come to expect in most hotels we stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Dawn M,
I apologize for your experience at our resort. I will certainly share this feedback with our management team. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know what we can do to improve. I hope you choose to visit us again.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stayed one night here and it was perfectly acceptable.

There was no free breakfast, and the pool was small, but the rooms were quite clean and the air conditioner worked well. Generally quiet, there was nothing wrong with this experience, it simply wasn't anything particularly spectacular or great.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Michelle J,
We appreciate your feedback. I will forward your suggestion regarding free breakfast to the Food and Beverage Management Team. There are plans to work on the pool area to improve our guests experience. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The casino has a non smoking section but it doesn't matter. There is the smell of smoke everywhere. We were there on a week day and it was practically empty so the slots were cold and not paying out. More people came as evening came and things started warming up. We spent the night at the Lodge. The room was clean and a good size. The bed was very comfy and I slept well. My only disappointment was no free breakfast. The Buffet offers breakfast till 11am but if you stay at the Lodge you have to go over to the Casino. The Lodge provides a shuttle between it and the Casino.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Picky307,
We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I will forward your suggestion regarding free breakfast to the Food and Beverage Management Team. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!