US$161
US$154
Quality Inn & Suites(Lawrenceburg)
US$116
US$96
US$162
US$125
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

Empire House Hotel(Rising Sun)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnon smokingrising star casinoskyline chilifree roomtable gamesmain buildingnew carpetingrewards cardparking lotshuttle that runscrab legsshampoo and conditionerview of the riverohio riverprime ribslot machinesstarbucks coffee
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here because it was a good deal, and in the middle of the places we were visiting. The first impression was not a good one. I dropped our party off at the main building to check in. The only pull-up-to-the-door service was for valet parking, so we had to pull through a farther drive. 3 of the 4 people I dropped off were handicapped, so I wasn't happy about that. I got parked, then got a call from my party that our rooms were in a building across the street. This may seem very minor, but when it's very difficult for people to walk, it's not very minor. We got to our building, though, and were able to park very close, with the elevator right inside the door. All was well. The rooms were nice, the air conditioning worked great, and the bed was very comfortable. There are no amenities here....well, very few. There is no refrigerator or microwave (but there may be some in the king rooms. There were none of those available), and certainly no free breakfast of any kind. The hotel restaurants were pricey, and in the main building, so there's the whole walking thing again. The staff we encountered was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and we were happy with those things. The little town has few choices of restaurants, but there are several in a closely neighboring community. It's not that I'm not recommending it, just be aware. I didn't make the reservation, so I wasn't aware of the lack of amenities I have come to expect in most hotels we stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Laura W, Front Office Manager at Rising Star Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Dawn M,
I apologize for your experience at our resort. I will certainly share this feedback with our management team. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know what we can do to improve. I hope you choose to visit us again.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stayed one night here and it was perfectly acceptable.

There was no free breakfast, and the pool was small, but the rooms were quite clean and the air conditioner worked well. Generally quiet, there was nothing wrong with this experience, it simply wasn't anything particularly spectacular or great.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Michelle J,
We appreciate your feedback. I will forward your suggestion regarding free breakfast to the Food and Beverage Management Team. There are plans to work on the pool area to improve our guests experience. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The casino has a non smoking section but it doesn't matter. There is the smell of smoke everywhere. We were there on a week day and it was practically empty so the slots were cold and not paying out. More people came as evening came and things started warming up. We spent the night at the Lodge. The room was clean and a good size. The bed was very comfy and I slept well. My only disappointment was no free breakfast. The Buffet offers breakfast till 11am but if you stay at the Lodge you have to go over to the Casino. The Lodge provides a shuttle between it and the Casino.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Picky307,
We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I will forward your suggestion regarding free breakfast to the Food and Beverage Management Team. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

After reading reviews on here, I was a little worried I had made a mistake getting a reservation here, but we were pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel was! Yes, it does need some carpet cleaning/replacement, but other than that, our room was clean and had everything we needed including a fridge! Had soap, shampoo and conditioner and beds were comfy. We had a pretty good view of the river and riverboat from our room. The lobby of the casino was awesome, looked like Sam's Town in Vegas. We stopped in at the snack bar type place in the lobby at 10:55pm and they closed at 11, but were happy to make us a pizza! It was tasty! We had the getaway package and it included free breakfast buffets and casino cash. The buffet was good, had made to order eggs and omelets among the usual favorites. The casino could use some updating, but we found many machines that we hadn't played in a long time because they were older ones. All in all I would stay there again, and it was worth the money!

Room Tip: This was the only time we stayed there, so don't have anything to compare. Our room was on the river side and it was nice!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tammie S

Dear Tammie S,
Thank you for your feedback. We agree and have began renovations on our guestrooms, and hope to replace carpeting in our hallways in the near future. Our goal is to provide a great experience for our guests. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Starting with Dylan(not sure of spelling)who handled our phone reservations, everyone we had contact with exhibited courtesy, friendliness and professionalism. We usually visit the Belterra, but have noticed changes that are not for the better. We received free room offers (my husband and I)so we decided to use them to reserve 2 rooms for a 1 night stay on my birthday. We took our adult son and daughter with us. Dylan was so helpful and noted our request for connecting rooms(our son has developmental delays and we feel better with the rooms connected). When we arrived the front desk employees, Alex and Natalie, were especially nice. Alex checked us in quickly and was very nice, answering all our questions. We have not stayed there for a few years. The rooms were clean and spacious. The bathrooms were spotless. We really appreciated the refrigerator. We did not try the pool, but it looked inviting. The casino is smaller than others, but not as much walking involved. I liked the smaller casino. The slot machines were generous for us, both that evening and the next morning. We ate at the Queen City Market and the food was good and the portions generous. We had Skyline conveys and a signature hot dog and one order of fries which was more than we could finish. The staff there was also courteous and friendly. The rooms were quiet and the beds were great. We hope to visit again, soon.

Stayed: June 2017

Dear Kellerma,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! I will let our team know that you have recognized their efforts. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!