See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Dated rooms, uncomfortable beds, noisy. There are other nearby options that would suit more adequately, even for an overnight stay and just as economical. I know, because I have stayed at one. I should have gone back. Saving a dollar or two is not always worth it, as I have learned.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

DON’T STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR HEALTH AT RISK!!! My daughters and I were driving home to Massachusetts from St. Louis. At 1:30am June 28th we needed to get a room for some sleep to drive all day the 28th. We tried several hotels in the area and this Days Inn was the only one with a room, despite bad reviews, we were exhausted and needed sleep. We checked in and were supposedly given a nonsmoking room. We entered the room and it stunk of smoke. We called the front desk and she said she’d bring up room spray. She brought bleach in a spray bottle!! We could smell it but I thought it was a ten to one beach solution that can be used to disinfect, but not leave bleach stains on items. I was wrong!! At almost 2 in the morning the clerk sprayed the room, including me, the clothes I was wearing, and my open suitcase with bleach!! We all woke up with sore throats and headaches and couldn’t check out of the room fast enough. I was too tired to notice in the morning, after a poor nights sleep, I didn’t notice u‭ntil I was home doing laundry on the 30th. The clothes I was wearing have bleach stains on them along with another pair of shorts and three shirts from my suitcase. Bleach fumes can cause the symptoms we suffered, along with nausea, vomiting, skin irritations and can be carcinogenic. We were lucky we left when we did and were not exposed longer, this is a serious health issue others should not be subjected to.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018

This motel was very simple and clean. The bed was comfortable.
There was basically nothing to eat for breakfast, so don't stay here for that reason.
I wasn't expecting anything but a continental breakfast. There were 2 kinds of cereal and a few plain bagel halves. That was it. We ended up eating at a Cracker Barrel.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at a number of Days Inn properties. This one had some minor irritations that cumulatively earned it a less than outstanding rating. To begin with, one side of the single building faced a four lane road. At check-in, I asked for a room on the side away from the road, but the desk clerk said that was not possible. I once worked as a front desk clerk, so I knew it was possible and the woman simply did not want to cooperate. I also pointed out that my reservation was for two adults and a dog; usually the rate changes if the number of guests changes. I was alone without the dog, but the rate did not change despite the posting outside of a much lower rate.... Next I asked about local gas stations and was again misinformed by the desk clerk to go to Ohio, (the state line was about 2 miles away)for lower prices-I went the other way and found gas for 14 cents/gallon less.

The next irritant involved the room phone which did not work. An employee fixed that problem, without explanation for why the phone was not properly plugged in. Then, I wanted to watch TV. I soon found that the printed channel guide did not correspond to the TV. On contacting the front desk to request a correct guide, I was informed that the system had been upgraded and no guide was available. I started to make a note so as to have my own guide, but... No pen. The following morning, I found a modest breakfast was available. I have never seen one so modest. It lacked fruit, and yogurt, both are commonly available.

The room itself was seemingly recently painted, but most of the furniture was showing signs of wear such as chips in the finish. The grout and caulk in the bathroom seemed dark. In fairness, the bed was comfortable and the road noise was less intrusive than I anticipated.

It would be difficult for me to stay at this place again and it is difficult for me to recommend it to others.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Some of the rooms were remodeled and other's look dated. The overall appearance was disturbing, not to mention the sound of the train all night long. I plan to be in the area in the next 5 months, just not at this location.

Date of stay: April 2018