“Fun and interesting”

Joseph Moore Museum
Ranked #8 of 23 things to do in Richmond
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Small but super-fun museum on Earlham campus. Varied exhibits and knowledgeable staff. If nothing else, you must go see the giant sloth. You will not regret it.

All reviews
"skeleton"
"mummy"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was really on the small side but overall a very nice place. The fossil collection there was the best exhibit they have there. But there were lots of little things for children to do and planetarium shows are given upon request. And it was completely free!

1  Thank Beth_Rose_2011
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This small museum is a small child's heaven! So interactive ! Very clever presentations of bugs and critters! Loved the reptiles! Can't say enough about how much we enjoyed this experience. I think what I loved most was the bucket of small toy replicas of the creatures that were in skeletal form....example...a toy mastodon, a toy beaver....so that the child can see what the animal looked like with their skin on....and what a treat...after saying where would you ever find a toy giant sloth and then we could buy one at the counter on the way out! Excellent experience! And it is donation only!!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just had a great time. Can't beat free. Located on a small charming college campus. My son loved looking at the snakes in the lower level.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I took my nieces (ages 6 and 7) for a museum visit. I hadn't been to the museum in close to 15 years and I can't say much has changed though they did have a few hands on activities for children which kept the girls entertained. The student (the museum is staffed by college students) was very accommodating and friendly. We were the only ones in the museum and the student checked on us often to see if we had questions. The musem is now open Saturdays and Sundays, plus a few days during the week so check their schedule online or call. They also have storytime for small children on occasion.