Agoda.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Kääriku hotel is my absolute favourite: the best kind of architecture from 1960's, the history of the place: it used to be the resort and also sport center for University of Tartu during Soviet era. I've visited this hotel many times in the past. It has two saunas built right next to the lake and also in-house sauna in the sports building (unisex!). They offer cheaper prices for off-seasons like autumn and spring. The canteen house (the hall) is also a superb example of architecture just like the rest, especially the interior where there are many original details (wall of the hall, floor of the ground floor, some doors). Do note that there is an exhibition (history and photos) present in the ground floor in that building: in the corridor that leads to different workshop rooms. There is also a stadium right next to the lake, and recently renewed tennis squares, and probably much more than that.

Last time I slept in a ground floor corner room and rain or something made noise there that wasn't helpful for someone with fragile sleep. Also, the view of my last room was right to the common walking area so I had to cover the windows for privacy; but most rooms are not like that.

Date of stay: April 2016