“Solid offering and excellent soda”
Review of Oasis Diner

Oasis Diner
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Plainfield
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Oasis Diner is an original 1954 Mountain View Diner from Signac, New Jersey, recently relocated, restored and reopened in Plainfield, Indiana on the Historic National Road.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Seriously good food, easily too large of portions but delicious. Service isn't fast, but that's the price you pay for freshly made food. The soda doesn't contain HFCS which is a nice change and the root beer is amazing. Hope they can add some Gluten Free items but overall it's a great place to eat.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went here for a late supper. I had the breaded tenderloin and fries. The tenderloin was good, not the best I have had. You could tell it wasn’t from a store bought tenderloin, very meaty. The fries were, well fries. I had there butterscotch root beer. I liked it, very unique. My wife had the philly cheese steak and onion rings. Both were very good. Service was great, diner was very clean and well keep. The food is a little pricey for a diner. All in all we will be returning.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Four of us had a business lunch at this local establishment. The waitress was friendly and the food was good. Three of us had the breaded tenderloin and the other had the loaded biscuits and gravy (he took half with him to go). If you need to burn off those calories walk across the impressive pedestrian bridge next door and go for a stroll. Or grab a book from the neighborhood library box and relax reading on a bench if you are too stuffed to walk.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Pretty good all around, I had the fries with gravy and cheese, which was pretty good. Also tried the mozzarella triangles which were fantastic. The only issue was that it took a while to be seated, despite having a lot of open tables, and the wait staff wasn't very attentive. However, they were very friendly. Also, they had an event going on that day, so about the time we got there it got super busy. They didn't have a large staff, so that could account for the various issues with service. I'd go back again though for sure!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I am originally from Indianapolis, IN, and I only get home about once a year, usually during Thanksgiving break. Throughout the rest of the year I crave the foods and beverages I grew up with in Indiana and cannot get in the Northeastern part of the United States. Every year I have to have three mandatory things when I come home to visit family...Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich(Hoosier Tenderloin), Red Cream Soda(Red Pop), and Sugar Cream Pie(Hoosier Pie). This year I decided to go to the Oasis Diner for a Hoosier Tenderloin, because I had heard good things.

Walking into the Oasis Diner is a trip back in time, primarily in the 1950's, but their is also nostalgia from the 50's through the 90's, and a history told of the Diner itself. I was greeted with a friendly hello and asked where I would like to sit. The service at Oasis was awesome. The server was happy to be there and gave great effort to make sure my every need was attended to. For service and atmosphere alone Oasis deserves an amazing rating. To me it all starts with those two elements, the rest even the food could just be okay if the service and atmosphere is excellent.

However okay is not the words I would use to describe the food at Oasis Diner. Looking at the menu I was surprised to see that two out of my three must haves were there. I knew there was a Hoosier Tenderloin, but there was also Red Pop. Their Hoosier Tenderloin is the real deal, and it is just about the best one I have ever had. The Red Pop is hand made just like in the 50's and I was instantly transported back to my childhood in the 80's when I tasted it.

For a kid from Indy who now lives in Philly I now will crave four things all year till next Thanksgiving break Hoosier Pork Tenderloin, Red Pop, Hoosier Pie, and Oasis Diner.

YUM!!!

Been to Oasis Diner? Share your experiences!