“Worst Service EVER!”

Akira Japanese Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Akira Japanese Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 111 Restaurants in Plainfield
Reviewed 1 March 2015

My hubby and I visited Akira Japanese Steak House last night (Saturday). We arrived at 6:45 pm. Wasn't terribly crowded. We were finally seated at 7:40 pm with a group who had made 6 pm reservations that were not honored. Our waitress showed up about 7:05 for drink orders, but forgot to bring them. For 20 minutes. Eventually, Noy, who was our chef (1 of 3 for many tables) did a fantastic job! Very entertaining and great food! Fifteen minutes after asking for our checks, the other party and us decided to go to the desk to pay. They couldn't find our checks. Finally, after refiguring the checks, and after both of us telling the owner we deserved a large discount, she gave us $5 off and ran our card. When printing the receipt, their system failed. We don't know if our card swipe worked, and the other guy told them he was sorry, but had to leave. Our waitress told us it is the worst place to eat or work! Ruined our later plans, as well as our family's later plans, as we were all Planning events centered around the grandbabies, but after finally getting out of Akira's at about 9:30 - 3 hours later - it was impossible. Worst service I can remember! If you DO go there, ask for Noy as your chef! You KNOW it is bad when the waitress tells you it is the worst place to eat or work!

Reviewed 5 December 2014 via mobile

I came at 12:20 with a group of 7 people. The tables hold 8. Half my group was there and the other 3 were going to be in within 10 minutes. They refused to seat and were very rude. They said it was policy. There were 12 empty tables and 2 that were full. I asked for manager and there was none. I asked to speak to head chef and he refused as well. This is the absolute last time I ever visit. There is not one waiting to be seated and there is no business. So many restaurant choices and this should not be one. Learn customer service. I should have walked out but I have a group waiting. I asked for the owner and got no where. If you like rudeness and poor service, this is your place.

1  Thank Kenford1
Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

We came here on Sunday right after church with some friends..the waitress was so attentive to the little girl that was with us because the fire scared her and our chef was so much fun and joked around with us!! Love this place!!

Reviewed 22 October 2014

This disaster started when the hubby asked what was on tap and the waiter had no idea what he meant. Onto the sushi menu and the disappointment we had with the spicy tuna roll; not really sure that was tuna and there was no spice. The miso soup lacked miso - I think it was chicken broth with a few shavings of mushroom - and tell me how a restaurant runs out of ginger. A Japanese restaurant...that should be a mainstay of their ingredient list. Anyway, the watery chopped iceberg lettuce that passed for salad had an awful oily dressing that clung to the lettuce much like the fat rising to the top of your refrigerated left over gravy. The typical hibachi dinner was had with appropriate entertainment but that was it. The medium rare steak was well done, the shrimp grilled until they were hard and the veggies had the life sauteed out of them. I will not voluntarily return.

1  Thank emilyg14
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My daughter and I took her 3 kids ages 6,6,and 9 for lunch after church on Sunday. It was a wonderful experience. We all loved the food and the entertainment was amazing! We had the steak or chicken teriyaki. It comes with their soup and salad. The fried rice was great along with a side of vegetables. The kids were amazed at the fire tricks the chef performed at our grill. Very reasonably priced for all the food you get!