“Terrible Service”

Akira Japanese Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Akira Japanese Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 111 Restaurants in Plainfield
Reviewed 5 December 2014 via mobile

I came at 12:20 with a group of 7 people. The tables hold 8. Half my group was there and the other 3 were going to be in within 10 minutes. They refused to seat and were very rude. They said it was policy. There were 12 empty tables and 2 that were full. I asked for manager and there was none. I asked to speak to head chef and he refused as well. This is the absolute last time I ever visit. There is not one waiting to be seated and there is no business. So many restaurant choices and this should not be one. Learn customer service. I should have walked out but I have a group waiting. I asked for the owner and got no where. If you like rudeness and poor service, this is your place.

1  Thank Kenford1

Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

We came here on Sunday right after church with some friends..the waitress was so attentive to the little girl that was with us because the fire scared her and our chef was so much fun and joked around with us!! Love this place!!

Reviewed 22 October 2014

This disaster started when the hubby asked what was on tap and the waiter had no idea what he meant. Onto the sushi menu and the disappointment we had with the spicy tuna roll; not really sure that was tuna and there was no spice. The miso soup lacked miso - I think it was chicken broth with a few shavings of mushroom - and tell me how a restaurant runs out of ginger. A Japanese restaurant...that should be a mainstay of their ingredient list. Anyway, the watery chopped iceberg lettuce that passed for salad had an awful oily dressing that clung to the lettuce much like the fat rising to the top of your refrigerated left over gravy. The typical hibachi dinner was had with appropriate entertainment but that was it. The medium rare steak was well done, the shrimp grilled until they were hard and the veggies had the life sauteed out of them. I will not voluntarily return.

1  Thank emilyg14
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My daughter and I took her 3 kids ages 6,6,and 9 for lunch after church on Sunday. It was a wonderful experience. We all loved the food and the entertainment was amazing! We had the steak or chicken teriyaki. It comes with their soup and salad. The fried rice was great along with a side of vegetables. The kids were amazed at the fire tricks the chef performed at our grill. Very reasonably priced for all the food you get!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

ypical hibachi. Good food, adequate entertainment by our Hibachi Chef. It's not gourmet, but it was good. I would go back.