“Surprised”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I have been using Holiday Inn Express Hotels. This one was the worst I have seen. I thought I was in a cheaper hotel. It was under construction in lobby. Wasn't told this when I booked it. I had a disabled person with me and it was hard to get around due to construction going on. Also, the room now. It wasn't as nice as others. The furniture was dusty, the bathroom faucet ( when turned on) water ran all over counter, the toliet ran constantly ( so this keep me awake most of night). The tub must of not been cleaned properly. My husband took shower 1st, he ended up with athlete's foot. Was very unhappy with this choice. Especially the price verse other places price. $90. verses $150. for a night.

Room Tip: Not all Holiday Inn Express are the same.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear Sherri H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Muncie, IN. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room ad bathroom cleanliness and for the furniture. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

This hotel was average, but the place was astronomically priced for this weekend. I do understand that it was graduation weekend, but come on that doesn't mean you price gouged everyone. You don't pay the price we paid even at five star hotel in a large city. My sister made this reservation back in November was told a different price booked the 2 rooms and then never got the confirmation on it. Had to call back a couple of weeks later to get the confirmation numbers. She never looked at the paper cause she figured it just said the price she was quoted. The price ended up being twice what she was quoted. Then you had to stay both Friday and Saturday night, but the girl at the front desk checked into and was able to wave the second night for her. My husband and I just choose to stay. We checked out some of the other hotels in the area when we were there and the prices were much cheaper. But we had to stay since we were already checked in. I don't recommend this place. Also there was construction going on. They should have had this done in advance of the college's graduation, since it's a big event for that area.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank hkacel
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Dear hkacel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is truly regrettable that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay with us. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Let me follow-up on your concerns and have the opportunity to address your them accordingly. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information and look forward to your response.

Faith R

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

Never in life have I ever expected this brand to be so horrid. Late check in to two nasty rooms. Even the second day when asked to clean it was not done. The staff is in total disarray. This location is not handicap friendly and our air did not work as well.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Qahhar I
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear Qahhar I,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. I am sorry that you were let down by the room condition and staff services. Allow me to apologize for falling short of your expectations in these areas. I'd like to obtain additional details regarding your experience, so I have sent you a private message.

I value you as our guest and look forward to hear back from you soon.

Lera P

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

My family booked a room here for my graduation from Ball State. Decent size room and breakfast was included for my family. The Hotel was a little dated but it was clean. That's all I really need to be happy in a hotel! Close to the university and plenty of parking.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I stayed in this place a few times already, since I regularly come to Muncie, but I will change for next stay. Place is below standard, with worn public areas, and last stay was worst due to ongoing works in lobby. The breakfast offered is of average-low quality with food that tastes less than .. natural. Rooms are wide but aircon-heating is noisy. Bed confortable but value for money is .. not there.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Giuliano S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear Giuliano S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience, however, it appears we fell short of our goal on your visit. We would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations regarding our breakfast selection and facilities. We also regret the inconvenience caused by the renovation. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for evaluation.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a much better experience.

Joel A