“Average stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed 27 June 2016

The purpose of this trip was to visit Ball State University. The hotel was 5 minutes away from the school.

We arrived around 11pm and had a nice room away from the elevator (in the middle of the hall). The night desk clerk was very nice. He gave us some history about Ball State. There was an intoxicated guest waiting in line behind us. After the clerk assisted us, the intoxicated guest stated that he lost his key. The clerk told him that he could not give him another key for safety reasons, but he would escort him into his room. The man agreed and the clerk left his post to assist him.

The king bed slept wonderfully, the bathroom was clean, and the carpet was average. I had a view of the front of the hotel lot and also had a view of the Best Buy which was across the parking lot.

The free breakfast was decent...yogurt, fruit, waffles, toast, pastries, cereal, juice. The coffee was lukewarm and I had to microwave it. The sausage patties were not good.

Although the hotel had free Wi-Fi, it was not working. I could not get it to work on my device during my 2 night stay.

Room Tip: away from elevator on second or third floor
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Jared O, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the Ball State University Campus. I hope that visit went well and you all enjoyed the campus. I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations on the breakfast and the Wi-Fi. I have met with my breakfast attendant and we've discussed on what improvements we can do to make sure this doesn't happen again. I am in talks with our tech person to fix this problem with the Wi-Fi. Please accept my sincere apologizes. I'm glad to hear that my night desk clerk took care of you and that he handled the one guest correctly and safely. We look forward to earning your business again and making your stay memorable. Thank you again and hope you have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 11 June 2016

Clean room, enough towels, air conditioner worked as it should, nothing fancy but more than adequate. Breakfast was ready and pretty decent for a free hotel breakfast. We arrived at 1am and check in was extremely fast, which I appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Jared O, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Comfort Inn & Suites. I appreciate the kind words about our establishment. I'm glad that check in at 1 in the morning was fast and I'm sure you appreciated that being so late in the night or early in the morning. I'm happy you liked our breakfast and the clean room. I hope your visit to the area was great and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

All was fine except no wifi connection. They gave me a password,but it didn't work and the desk clerk could not get it to work either. Otherwise it was OK nothing special. Oh yes, they help did have their children there on Sunday morning. I'm not sure if that is routine or not, but I've never seen that before.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Jared O, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites Muncie. I want to apologize that the WiFi for some reason wasn't working when you stayed here. Please accept my sincere apologizes. I'll look into why that happened during your visit. I do have some of my housekeepers bring in their children when they can't get daycare/babysitter that day. We've always done that here, but they are aware if anything goes wrong there will be consequences with bringing their children in. I hope there was no problems with that. I hope you'll consider staying with us again next time your in the area, so we can make sure we get 5 stars from you and have a repeat guest every time you visit. Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Our reservation had gotten messed up after using an online reservation site (I didn't book directly through Comfort Inn). The young lady who checked us in helped us sort out the mess and took great care of us. Will book directly through Comfort Inn next time! Our room was spectacular. Clean and very comfortable. Will definitely book at this location again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Jared O, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the area. I'm sorry to hear that your reservation had gotten messed up by using an online reservation site. Although I'm extremely happy to hear that Allison my front desk agent took good care of you and helped you sort out the mess that occurred. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and everything was very comfortable for you. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

Nice, clean room, pool was nice. The curtains in the room kept the light out, slept right through breakfast. ( must've needed the sleep) close to many attractions....Ball State, actually could walk from here to a Ball State football game. Will def stay here again!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Jared O, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the Muncie area and thank you for the kind words. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the clean room and also our pool. It sounded like you enjoyed the bed and the curtains keeping the room nice and dark for your sleep. We all look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town and hope you have a wonderful day! Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
0.2 km away
0.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
25.7 km away
Best Western Plus Anderson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!